Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Caribbean Islands (https://www.fodors.com/community/caribbean-islands/)
-   -   Seeking a boutique/intimate Caribbean honeymoon in March 2018 (https://www.fodors.com/community/caribbean-islands/seeking-a-boutique-intimate-caribbean-honeymoon-in-march-2018-a-1433544/)

abbeyt Jun 25th, 2017 01:27 PM

Seeking a boutique/intimate Caribbean honeymoon in March 2018

I'm looking to book our honeymoon somewhere in the Caribbean in mid-March of next year, and need help finding a hotel or resort! Here are the basics of what we're looking for!

- Budget: around $6,000 (including fight, hotel, food)
- Location: preferably something not TOO touristy (especially because March is spring break time). not looking for a "party island." we are more foodies than anything, and love to explore the culture of where we visit!
- Hotel: looking for something boutique/modern/high-design. Doesn't have to be all-inclusive, but we really do want a unique experience, not a cookie cutter honeymoon feel. A spa is a definite plus.
- Activities: we love trying new foods, spa treatments, shopping, etc. wouldn't rule out anything outdoorsy either, but we aren't hugely adventurous types.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions!

RoamsAround Jun 25th, 2017 02:10 PM

You are describing St. Bart's to a "tee". Check out Isle de France boutique hotel. It ticks off all your boxes and you'll have access to some of the best restaurants in the Caribbean.

Odin Jun 29th, 2017 03:57 AM

St Barths is a great suggestion. I don't see the above suggestion fitting into what the OP asked for, as much as I liked GC.

Beachshack Jul 4th, 2017 09:54 AM

Where are your departing from ?
Do you have specific range of dates or open ?
I have traveled a lot of places and if you are a beach person, loves good food, and a romantic, along with a place that you'll want to return to
a couple more times in your life.
Its St Barths.
Very small, easy to get around, not so easy to get to. On a 6,000 budget a boutique hotel will be tough , but in St Barths a villa will show you the other side of life , have a private chef come in one night for that special dinner , the other nights enjoy what has to be the best choice of food in the Carribean. Beaches to die for and not hard to get to.
I know of a villa that comes with a car for a week, it might work for you, if you would like more info, leave a response, I get you the info. Your flight cost might be your problem this late.

suemm1026 Aug 1st, 2017 08:52 AM

Look at Rockhouse in Negril.

suze Aug 1st, 2017 10:30 AM

I love Negril, but I sure wouldn't call Rockhouse "modern high end design" as requested.

It *does* fit "not cookie cutter" and "unique experience". As would Tensing Pen (also on The Cliffs of Negril).

orangetravelcat1 Sep 10th, 2017 01:05 PM

Maybe La Luna on Grenada? Beautiful, secluded, small hotel. Great restaurant. Loved it there.

janisj Sep 10th, 2017 01:09 PM

The OP registered and posted back in June and has not returned . . . thread was topped by an advertiser