Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Caribbean Islands
Reload this Page >

Secrets Excellence - Any room location suggestions?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17th, 2005, 06:51 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My husband and I will be vacationing in Secrets Excellence next month. We didn't upgrade to the Excellence package, only because there are no more vacancies for that week. Can anyone suggest a room location that is quiet, but not too far off the beaten path? I've checked Debbie's website, and haven't gotten much info on the matter. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
Old Apr 17th, 2005, 06:54 AM
Original Poster

Forgot to mention that we're staying in the DR, in Punta Cana.
Old Apr 17th, 2005, 01:46 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It depends on what you're looking for.Buildings 1-5 are on one side of the lobby, restaurants, etc. and are near the cascade pool . Buildings 6014 are at the other side. We were in building 7 which was close to the beach and the meandering pool (the main pool). Building 10 is also close to both the beach and pool. I would recommend getting a room on the third floor. People walk through the building to get from one place to another, so if you're on the ground floor, you might hear them. Our room overlooked the pool and we could also see the ocean.
Make sure to have a dinner or two at Qusqueya. It was our favorite restaurant there.
Old Apr 17th, 2005, 01:47 PM

I wish there was a way to edit posts on this forum. I meant to say rooms 6-14. Also the restuarant is Quisqueya.
Old Apr 17th, 2005, 04:41 PM

My fiance and I will also be staying at Secrets in September. We haven't booked yet, but are about ready to. I was glad to see this question and also the reply that was posted. Does anyone have an opinion as to whether it is worth upgrading to the Club level?
Old Apr 17th, 2005, 05:53 PM

We upgraded to Club level last summer. For the upgrade you get to use the Club Lounge which is a nice VERY air conditioned room where they have appetizers out all day and top shelf liquor and free internet access. You also get beach towels delivered to your room each day (although we didn't always and had to call down for them a few times). You don't have to check in at the front desk--you check in and out in the Club Lounge. Other than that, there wasn't any great benefit. There is food and liquor everywhere, all day in the resort, so that's not a big deal. I was given the upgrade, so it didn't cost me anything. I have no idea how much extra it cost, but I certainly wouldn't pay a lot extra for it.
Old May 27th, 2005, 05:36 PM

Buildings 6 and 7 are probably the best for you. Book an "excellence suite". This is not in the club, but gives you a double balcony and oceanview. I feel these rooms and location are the best value there. The club, to me, is not worth an extra 2-300 $ a week. Request a 2nd floor room, i agree with schmerl about not being on the ground floor because of foot traffic. i was in room 7106 recently and that was really perfect. They just changed a few things around there including the restaurant names. Quisqueya is now Bordeaux and is the best one there.
Old May 28th, 2005, 04:58 AM

We were also in building seven and had a view of the pool and the ocean. I'm glad that even though they changed the name from Quisqueya, the restaurant is still very good. WE loved eating there.