Reload this Page >

Scuba Diving in Cayman - in February?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8th, 2001, 06:19 AM
Debi

Has anyone been diving in the Cayman Islands in February? Is the water cold? We're used to pretty warm water (in the 80s) - not sure what thickness of wetsuit to use. Any recommendations?

Old Oct 8th, 2001, 07:29 PM
freewoman

First time we were there was July and the water temp was around 82. The next time we went was December and the water temp was around 80. Don't think it varies too much year round. You should be fine.

Old Nov 17th, 2001, 05:42 AM
kb

Water can be mid 70's at depth. I have seen people with tshirts and full 6mm suits in Feb so this is indvidual choice.<BR>North side of islands either GC or LC can be wavy 4-6 ft, so pack dramine if this bothers you.

Old Nov 19th, 2001, 06:03 AM
Dawn

Hi Debi,<BR>I was in 80 degree water over the weekend and I was indeed chilly at times! I had a 3 mm full body wetsuit on. I highly recommend this. You can always cool down at a 60 ft depth but cannot warm up unless you get out of the water. And of course this will cut your dive short which is never any fun.

Old Nov 19th, 2001, 06:10 AM
Dawn

Hi Debi,<BR>I was in 80 degree water over the weekend and I was indeed chilly at times! I had a 3 mm full body wetsuit on. I highly recommend this. You can always cool down at a 60 ft depth but cannot warm up unless you get out of the water. And of course this will cut your dive short which is never any fun.