Santa Maria

May 14th, 2002, 01:28 PM
Sylvie Pelletier

Santa Maria

Hello,

Anybody been in Santa Maria in Cuba? How is the beach? How is Sol Cayo Santa Maria?

Bye

Sylvie Pelletier

May 29th, 2002, 05:56 PM
Julianne Clarke

Spent six days in Cuba at the end of April and had a great time. Travelled to Santa Maria Beach one Sunday and found it to be far superior to Varedo although the resorts were not in great supply. I t is easy and inexpensive to catch a taxi from Havanna, the trip taking about 30 minutes maximum. There is just so much to see and do in Havanna and therefore a better base to have than to be limited to beach life!!
Hope this is of some help
Julianne Clarke

Jun 4th, 2002, 03:01 PM
Chef Jason Girard

My wife and I stayed at a "resort" in Santa Maria and were a bit disappointed. It was rated as the best resort in that area and we'd read that Santa Maria is where Cubans go for vacation. Apparently, Cubans have very little vacation time... The "resort" was more of a motel with the beach a block or two away. The food was good and the rooms were clean, but not what we expected. The cuisine was mostly Italian and we were hoping for authentic Cuban food. The power went in and out quite a bit (A/C too) at inopportune times. Next trip, we'll probably spend most of our time in Habana Vieja, with a trip to the countryside in Pinar del Rio and a few nights on the beach in Varadero. I think my "resort" dollar would have been better spent in an actual resort. In any case, I strongly suggest at least a few nights in Habana, no matter what your other plans are...

Search this Thread