Sandals-Truly, what age group?

Oct 21st, 2006, 04:35 PM
Original Poster

Sandals-Truly, what age group?

So a local travel agent told me that all ages can be seen at these properties, maybe because I was in my fifties? Truly, would we stand out like sore thumbs?
Oct 21st, 2006, 07:43 PM

Ages range from 18 to 80. No, you won't stick out like a sore thumb. No one really cares how old or young you are. They are all there on vacation and to enjoy. My husband and I are in our 40's, were married at one of the Sandals and have been to others. We don't notice that we are any different than anyone else.
Oct 22nd, 2006, 04:59 AM
Original Poster

Thanks...I feel better now!
Oct 22nd, 2006, 05:54 AM

I strongly disagree with previous poster. In our experience, the overwhelming majority of Sandals folks are 20 or 30-somethings. Few couples in their 40's, fewer in their 50's, even fewer in their 60's, 70's, etc.
Oct 22nd, 2006, 08:27 AM
KVR

We've been to 2 Sandals Resorts and most people were in their early 30's. Main clientele are honeymooners. My DH is in his 50's and we didn't see anyone near his age or older. Didn't bother us though. We get along with any age.

Based on your other posts, you do realize that most Sandals are a couple only resort. No singles or kids/teens? I think there may be a couple of resorts in Jamaica that take teens over the age of 16. Beaches resorts accepts families.
Oct 22nd, 2006, 09:58 AM

There is a lovely woman who posts here, although not recently. screen name is "Toppy". She and her husband have had wonderful experiences at various Sandals resorts.

Try a search for some of her posts.

Marion
Oct 22nd, 2006, 02:07 PM

Maybe it depends on where the Sandals resort is located. We have only been to one Sandals and that was the Sandals Royal Hicacos in Varadero, Cuba. There was a good mix of all ages and we are in our 50s and didn't feel out of place at all.