Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Caribbean Islands (https://www.fodors.com/community/caribbean-islands/)
-   -   Sandals St. Lucia Halycon (https://www.fodors.com/community/caribbean-islands/sandals-st-lucia-halycon-91855/)

Adam Oct 29th, 2000 04:18 AM

Sandals St. Lucia Halycon

I will be going to Sandals Halycon in two weeks for my honeymoon. I booked a Grand Lux Oceanview room. What are the best room locations in this and any upgraded room category? <BR> <BR>thanks.

Nikki Nov 8th, 2000 10:39 PM

just back from Halcyon was there for 2 weeks; it was ACE! All the rooms are the same inside so we were in the cheap seats and we werent bothered! We ddint get an ungrade as the place was over booked, friends of ours got bumped out to La Toc! Youll love it and say Hello to Marsha for me from Nikki in Scotland!

Alex Nov 9th, 2000 06:12 AM

I am going on my honeymoon in two weeks too. Maybe we'll see eachother? Anyone know how the weather has been? All I see on the weather channel.com is rain and scattered showers. Hope rain means one or two hours tops, and scattered showers means 10 minutes!! Anyone know for sure what to expect late November? Thanks!

Alex Nov 9th, 2000 06:14 AM

Oh yeah, Nikki, how about the water, is it really clear, like St. Thomas, or is it murky this time of year? Warm? Cold? 72+ or more? Are there really FREE weights or just nautilus equip in the gym? Umm, umm, ok that's it for now. <BR> <BR>Thanks!

Doug and Lori Nov 11th, 2000 02:36 PM

Hey, congrats we were married at Halcyon in October 96...very nice. The location is great and you will have a great time. The weather for October when we were there was rain and more rain. Rain at 80 degrees F is ok with us thought. The island is a tropical rain forest anyways when you get inland and toward the Pitons. We found Sandals and the service wounderful, and will only do Sandals as a holiday. Please fell free to email us with questions, we can even scan some photos for you.

Nikki Nov 12th, 2000 02:16 PM

Rainy for 5 minutes then dry for the 1st week , then horrendous rain storms for the 2nd week; helicopter shuttle was cancelled due to the bad weather. Supposedely the rainy season came all at once in one week! Its to finish on the 18th according to the locals! <BR>The gym was well equipped in my opinion; just as good as our gym back here in Scotland. <BR>We were upgraded by the way; just one category; premium gardenview; there is only one Deluxe block; between the gym and beach grill which would be pretty noisy! <BR>Water was warm, bit murky but it is a volcano island so dont expect white sand all the time; the sand on the halcyon beach is supposedly imported in! <BR>report on our holiday complete with photos coming soon on the net!

Alex Nov 13th, 2000 11:13 AM

I'm a Scottsman too! Say hi to Lord Forbes for me will ya? ;-) Glad to hear the rain will let up supposedly. Love to receive any photos to my email address by Wednesday if possible, then I'm blowing this clam bake! Thanks again, rain or no, I'm on my honeymooooooooon!!! :-)