Sandals Royal Bahamian Resort and Spa??

Aug 8th, 2001, 06:26 AM
Amy

Sandals Royal Bahamian Resort and Spa??

Looking for a honeymoon spot for this November 2001. We have considred the Sandals Royal Bahamian Resort and Spa. We think we want an all-inclusive resort and great weather, but trying to stay within a reasonable price range. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated on location and words about the property mentioned. Thanks so much. Amy

Aug 8th, 2001, 06:37 AM
Penney

It is a very nicer resort. The pools and grounds are very impressive in design, gardens are beautiful and very peaceful, food and service was very good - will not go hungry! The beach is alot smaller then is appears in the brouchure but there is another on the off shore island that is nice. Entertainment was good each night. Rooms in the newer Windsor Block are best.

If price is a concern, there are many other Sandals that are alot more reasonable. Sandals Bahamas, along with sandals St. Lucia are the two highest priced. We have been to 6 Sandals and they are all great but do vary.

Penney

Aug 8th, 2001, 08:25 AM
Kim

I have been to both Sandlas Royal Bahamian and St.Lucia. My daughter just got married at the Royal Bahamian in May. Penney is right the food is good you wont go hungry, and the beach is small but the private island makes up for that. November is a good time of year you might stumble onto a special which will save you a little money. A visit to Atlantis is a must! We did the dinner cruise and it was fun, we swam with the dolphins and that was also a cool experience. Take a jacket it might get a little chilly in the evening but the days were in the 80's and we went in Feb. Email me if you would like!

Aug 9th, 2001, 09:40 AM
vivian marino

I would definitely go to the Royal Bahamian. I got married there and it was absolutely beautiful. The staff is great and the food was good too. The grounds are breathtaking and the pool is beautiful too. It is truly paradise.

Aug 11th, 2001, 08:26 AM
DebbieH

We have gone twice to the resort and really enjoyed it. I don't know when the water starts getting cold, but I'd take that into consideration.

Our next trip is to Beaches Royal Plantation. They have great intro rates this year. We spent an evening there on May 31, and it was way more upscale than any of the Sandals we've visited (have 10 Sandals stays). Do a price comparision.

I have trip reports and lots of other info for both at http://sandalsvisitorshangout.homestead.com

Aug 27th, 2001, 01:42 PM
Carol

We stayed in a concierge room and the view was breathtaking-also the champagne was replenished daily (as promised). This was the best mini-bar we have ever had ! Great selection of restaurants. Really friendly staff. The sunloungers were the most comfortable I've come accross. This would be a great place to honeymoon. Expensive but fabulous....Good luck.