Sandals Royal Bahamian Questions?

Old Jun 30th, 2000, 06:48 AM
KIM

Sandals Royal Bahamian Questions?

Need info on Sandals Royal Bahamian just ask?

Old Jun 30th, 2000, 01:45 PM
Kristin

Please give me any info you have on SRB. I am planning a wedding in Sept, 2001 at this property. Do you think it is clean and luxurious enough for a wedding/honeymoon? Also, how is the beach? I like crystal clear and clean beaches..

Old Jun 30th, 2000, 08:05 PM
KIM (IN)

Yes this resort is very clean and beautiful. We were there for the first time in the Bahamas and loved it, have been to Jamaica (SANDALS NEGRIL)and that was also great. Sandals Royal Bahamian
has a lot of pools and the private island is the place to go for sun and sand & R&R. The boat leaves about every hour to take you to the island and picks you up on the hour to bring you back last boat at 3:45 I think. The weather was not as warm as Jamaica but it was still nice. The food is very good but the service was a little slow at times.
We had a ocean view room and every morning ther were 1 or 2 cruise ships
right in our view out from the island.
The water is so clear it look like it is only a few feet deep but it realy not you can see everything in the water.
We swam with the dolphins, took and took a dinner cruise, went to town a few times, went to Atlantis which is a must! for $20 per person you can take a tour of Atlantis or for $50
per person you can spend the day there.
There is a lot of outside excursion
offered at the resort so sign up as soon as you get there so you wont be left out.They even sent us a limo one night when we called for a taxi to take us back to the resort and a Royles Royce took us to the airport. We will be going back there my daughter want to get married there nx yr
so Im sure I will be there.If you would like more info just email me.

Old Jul 16th, 2000, 07:36 PM
Joe

Super wonderful resort loved it!

Old Jul 22nd, 2000, 04:39 AM
Kris

Is this the best Sandals resort? I havnt been to any of the Sandal's properties. Which is the best and best site for a wedding?

Old Jul 22nd, 2000, 06:51 AM
KIM

I can only give you my opinion, we have been to Sandals Negril Jamaica and Sandals Royal Bahamian and we love them both. Negril is much more layed back then the Royal Bahamian and the weather at the time of yr we go is better in Negril. Also the beach in Negril is 7 miles long, but at the Royal Bahamian you have the private Island which is very nice. My daughter is getting married next yr and I think it will be at The Royal Bahamian Sandals.

Old Jul 22nd, 2000, 10:54 AM
Kris

When is your daughter planning to get married at SRB? Seeing I am also planning a wedding there in September, 2001.
Have you heard much about Sandals Antigua? That is my second choice. I am really looking for a beautiful luxurious resort with beautiful waterfalls and accomodations. Also, the beach has to be crystal clear and powder white.

Old Jul 22nd, 2000, 02:11 PM
Karyn

I have been to Sandals LaToc in St. Lucia, Sandals Antigua and the Royal Bahamian. In my opinion the St. Lucia property is by far the best choice for a wedding!

Old Jul 23rd, 2000, 05:41 AM
Kris

Why do you choose St. Lucia over SRB for a wedding? Thanks, this really helps. I am looking for a crystal clear powder white beach for the backdrop for most of our pictures, and I noticed on the forum, some people were not in favor of the St. Lucia beaches. Please advise.

Old Jul 23rd, 2000, 02:57 PM
Carrie

My Fiance and I are looking into honeymoons at one of the Snadals. We think we have narrowed it down to Sandals in St. Lucia or Sandals in Antigua. We are getting married Feb. 2001. Which one do you recommend at this time of year, weather wise, and in general which one is better?

Old Jul 23rd, 2000, 03:50 PM
KIM(IN)

Sandals St Lucia sounds best for you.
She is planning on getting married in late march or April of 2001.

Old Jul 24th, 2000, 02:34 PM
Carrie

Why do you say that St. Lucia Sandals is best for me? What specifically can you tell me about the weather in either place? Your help is really appreciated.

Old Jul 26th, 2000, 02:55 PM
Karyn

Here are the reasons I would choose St. Lucia over Royal Bahamian: 1. RB is similar to a large hotel (two large buildings with rooms or the villas which I find too far removed from everything and way too hot back there where no air can get to them). SL has many more types of accommodations, much more private. 2. The plants and flowers in St.Lucia remind me of Hawaii and this makes for a beautiful wedding. 3. The sand, color of water and size of beach are very much equal, but SL wins hands down for the scenery, backdrop of mountains is breathtaking. The actual wedding gazebo in St.Lucia is much larger than the one in RB and IMO would make better pictures. Also, there is a stairway outside at SL that brides sometimes use to come down when the occasion is formal, very nice. I saw lots of weddings in St.Lucia while I was there and they were all beautiful! These are all my opinions, and I am sure whatever you choose will be memorable.

Old Aug 6th, 2000, 06:36 AM
Cherie

Beautiful resort, my parents stayed there and they loved it the pictures of the resort were great, just hope someday
I will be staying there.