Bitter End Yacht Club

Search this Thread

Old May 7th, 2002, 01:21 PM
ML

Bitter End Yacht Club

Has anyone stayed at this resort?

Old May 25th, 2002, 02:58 PM
marc and kathy

we've sailed there twice.<BR>stayed on our boat but ate at the resturaunt.<BR>quite nice.

Old Jun 1st, 2002, 11:19 AM
SSS

We've gone to BEYC each of the last 6 years. Beautiful location at the end of North Sound. Lots to do with a huge fleet of boats for the guests to use and a different day trip each day. There's never any pressure to do anything if you just want to hang. The long time staff are very friendly. Last year there was some indifference among some of the staff but I think that was due to general manager problems. (The GM was let go right after we were there.) Second teir managers are great! Food is good, but not outstanding. It's better at the Carvery than the Clubhouse. Rooms are a little tired but you don't spend much time in them. We always stay in a beachfront. Much breezier and cooler. We'll be back this fall.

Old Jun 2nd, 2002, 12:11 PM
JD

I've visited BEYC a number of times when staying at nearby Biras Creek. It made a good impression as I like its combination of half marina and half resort. If you like the sounds and smells of a marina and the boats coming and going, then it's the place for you. You probably realize that you cannot drive anywhere from there; you have to take their boat over to Gun Creek and then rent a car in order to see the rest of the island or catch the ferry to Tortola or the USVI.<BR>As noted, the food wasn't terrific, but you can walk to Biras Creek for outstanding dining anytime you want.<BR>Overall, I think it's very nice, particularly if you want to sail, take lessons, etc.<BR>

Old Jul 6th, 2003, 07:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Our family stayed at BEYC summer 2002. We had a great time. Lots to do and a very bustling, active place. The food is good and plentiful. The views are fabulous and the staff are mostly helpful. Would recommend the &quot;Beachfront Villas&quot; over the &quot;Northsound Suites&quot; any day even though the former are not A/C. Much more delightful and charming.