Sandals Negril or Sandals Antigua?

Old Feb 12th, 2002, 07:06 PM
Lisa

Sandals Negril or Sandals Antigua?

Which Sandals do you prefer? We will be going the end of May or beginning of June for 4 nights. We will be traveling from New York. Aside from the properties themselves, which is the better travel plan -a shorter plane flight with a 2 hr drive to Negril, or a longer flight with a 15 minute ride to the Antigua Sandals? I would love any and all input! Thanks!

Old Feb 12th, 2002, 07:26 PM
xxx

Here's my idea for a 4 night getaway from NYC. Fly Air Jamaica as they have the earliest flight #10 getting in around 11. Take the 2 hour transfer and be on the beach by 2ish in Negril. On the day of return to NYC, take a 9am shuttle flight from Negril to MoBay and spend the day at Sandals Royal Caribbean, do airport checkin at that Sandals and then hop a transfer to the airport about 60 minutes prior to departure time. Flight #11 leave MoBay at 630pm so you have most of the day on the beach!

Old Feb 12th, 2002, 07:46 PM
Kim

Ok, I have done both! Negril has been our favorite Sandals. You have asked a very good ?. I really dont like to fly but I do because I love the Caribbean and we go every year. The 4 hour flight to Jamaica seemed like a piece of cake compared to the 5 1/2 hour flight to St.Lucia. I guess if you compare the time it is about the same with the drive from the airport. The ride from the airport to Negril to me was not bad and I kind of enjoyed it! off to Sandals Royal Caribbean in 9 days!

Old Feb 13th, 2002, 05:17 AM
xxx

Since time is short, consider flying from Montego Bay to Negril.

Old Feb 13th, 2002, 06:16 AM
Penney

We have also been to both and unless you take the shuttle flight from MoBay to Negril, you are spending alot of time traveling.

I would head to Antigua. It is a great resort, it is so close to the airport and there are direct flights out of JFK.

Both resorts are really wonderful - both have a great tropical atmosphere, good food and service and beautiful beaches.

Old Feb 13th, 2002, 05:01 PM
Lisa

Thanks for the advice!

Penney, which airlines does the direct flight out of JFK?

Old Feb 14th, 2002, 09:03 AM
Penney

We took BWIA - British West Indies (?!)

I wonder if Air Jamaica flies there now?

Old Feb 14th, 2002, 04:36 PM
Lisa

Penney, thank you for getting back to me. I will look into these airlines. My travel agent told me that the only airline that goes to Antigua is AA, and there is always a stopover with them.