Sandals Negril or Antigua?

Old Aug 8th, 2003, 12:36 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sandals Negril or Antigua?

We honeymooned at Sandals Antigua last year and loved the resort. We are considering staying at Sandals Negril with another couple for our next trip. How do the two compare? Should I just go back to Antigua or is Negril beautiful also?

Antigua looked like the pictures in magazines and that's what we loved. I just want to make sure I wouldn't be wasting time/money going to Negril when, if so I will return to Antigua. Thanks in advance for any advice!
Old Aug 11th, 2003, 06:24 AM
Original Poster

ttt
Old Aug 12th, 2003, 06:10 AM

Sandals Negril is similar to Antigua. The beach, in my opinion is better in Negril though and you won't see sunsets like Negril's anywhere else. The pool area is small at Sandals Negril, which is one of it's only downfalls. But, the beach makes up for it. The atmosphere at the resort was very friendly and we felt right at home here. We've had opportunity to visit all of the Sandals resorts and Negril continues to be one of our favorites, as well as a favorite of my clients. If you liked Antigua, I would definitely give Negril a try.
Old Aug 12th, 2003, 08:10 AM

Hi beachlover99, I will be staying at the Sandals Antigua resort in November for my wedding anniversary. We booked one of the lowest category room (Premium) but we did get a $250 resort credit that I am hoping to upgrade us to a better room. Most people on this board either love Sandals or hate Sandals. Since you had a good experience are there any "heads-up" you can give me about the resort?

Thanks
Old Aug 12th, 2003, 10:54 AM
Original Poster

tropicaltravelers,
Thanks so much for the advice. I have read many mixed reviews about Sandals Negril but I know that Negril has to be great. The small pool area is not a problem as we are beach people all the way. The couple going with us is wanting to visit somewhere none of us have been so we will probably end up there.

live2travel,
We loved the resort and can't wait to return one day. It is a perfect place for a honeymoon or anniversary. The landscaping is very lush and tropical, the beach is beautiful, and all of the buildings are only 2 stories high. This gives the place a very laid back/romantic atmosphere. The food was always good. While we never had a spectacular meal, we also never had a terrible meal.

Our room was not large but very comfortable. I wouldn't spend the $250 credit on a room upgrade, I would use it at the spa. That's just my personal opinion. Most people don't spend much time in the room anyways and there really isn't a bad location to stay at the resort. There are pools/whirlpools for almost every block of rooms.

The only heads up is for the lady who works in the grill. She was very rude. This didn't bother us too much because we only ate at the grill 2 or 3 times for a snack. Besides that, it was the perfect vacation! Enjoy, I know you will!