Reload this Page >

sandals negril - gourmet food?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3rd, 2002, 06:25 PM
sherry0134

my husband loves seafood, shrimp, lobster.crab legs ect.. does sandals restaurants serve these or just fish entrees? he would be very disapointed if he couldn't get at least one of these while we were there. any info on their food would be appreciated!

Old Jun 4th, 2002, 03:45 AM
tivertonhouse

Since some Jamaican AI resorts import lobster and seafood from Honduras, you might prefer going local and outside your resort. Culloden Cafe in Whitehouse and Little Ochee in Alligator Pond -- both on the South Coast, the first 1 hour from Negril, the second 2 -- are highly recommended as destinations in themselves as well as great stops during touring. Funkier still are some of the roadside placesorrit's/aka Oceanside Pub in Belmont/Bluefields Bay for curried land crab;Winsome's,The Potsnapper and Jack Sprat in Treasure Beach.In Mandeville, The Bloomfield Great House

Old Jun 4th, 2002, 04:18 AM
paul

Sandals Negril serves very good food and seafood is available. However, nowhere in Jamaica during the month of June will serve lobster as that is the matine season and they can not be taken. In fact, you can not order lobster during June, period, even if it is imported. No way to get it in June

Old Jun 4th, 2002, 04:55 AM
kimmy

Hate to say it but thought the food at Sandals Negril was pretty horrible both times we stayed there. In Negril, Grand Lido and Couples had much better food and choices....

Old Jun 5th, 2002, 04:45 PM
sherry

sorry to hear that you thought the food was terrible kimmy. i was hoping to hear some good things. but maybe i should pick another al to stay at. thanks!

Old Jun 5th, 2002, 08:50 PM
Michale

He should expect to get these type of foods more than just once during your stay considering what you pay per day.Why do people reccomend eating off property; isn't that why you paid for an all inclusive? If you have to eat off property why pay Sandal's rates? Sandals food was ok but not high quality and a very limited selection. The premium liquor thing they advertise is a joke. They only have one brand of about 10 different liquors. No imported beers. I was at Sandals Ocho Rios and from what I have heard that is one of the better ones for food.

Old Jun 6th, 2002, 06:29 AM
tivertonhouse

Even tho lobstering is illegal inMay-Aug -- the spawning season -- lobster is ALWAYS available on island, domestic as well as imported spiny lobster. To preserve stocks,however, suggest you try smoked marlin, blue crab, land crab,river shrimp and crayfish as well as all the fishnapper/red and yellow,hine,butterfish,silk,satin,grouper,dorado,t una,kingfish and the like.

Old Jun 8th, 2002, 08:44 PM
Betty

The best food at a Sandals Resort would be a Beaches Royal Plantaion in Ocho Rios. It is truly a deluxe resort that has everything including full exchange <BR>priviledges at nearby Sandals Resorts.<BR>Beaches Royal does not allow children - must be 18! All the rooms are suites.<BR>I have stayed at all the Sandals/Beaches Resorts e-mail me for details - there is a 30=35% sale right now!<BR>