Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Caribbean Islands (https://www.fodors.com/community/caribbean-islands/)
-   -   Sandals Halcyon St Lucia (https://www.fodors.com/community/caribbean-islands/sandals-halcyon-st-lucia-20940/)

jorge Jan 26th, 1998 10:46 AM

Sandals Halcyon St Lucia

Looking for feed back on Sandals Halcyon in StLucia.
Most Comments have "I wasn't there, but...." Has anyone been there, How was the food and how formal is formal night? General Comments appreciated

leslie Feb 24th, 1998 09:29 AM

WE ARE ALSO PLANNING ON GOING THERE FOR OUR HONEYMOON IN SEPT. 1998, & I HAVE HAD A REAL HARD TIME FINDING ANY FIRST-HAND INFO. MY TRAVEL AGENT
HIGHLY RECOMMENDS IT OVER SANDALS ST.LUCIA & SENDS
MOST OF HER CLIENTS TO HALCYON. SHE SAYS ALL THE FEEDBACK HAS BEEN EXCELLENT ON HALCYON, & MANY NEGATIVE RESPONSES FROM THOSE WHO PAID MORE FOR SANDALS ST.LUCIA. IF YOU FIND ANY INFO - PLEASE LET ME KNOW. JUST E-MAIL ME. LESLIE./////CANADA.

Rupa Yeager Feb 27th, 1998 12:47 PM

Went to St. Lucia for our honeymoon last April.
We stayed at the Halcyon and loved it there! The staff is very friendly and the resort is beautiful. We went to the other Sandals resort for a day and didn't really care for it. The only difference between the two is, that Sandals St. Lucia is bigger and more crowded. I would definately recommend Halycon. The restaurants have good food (different cuisine every night). They also have entertainment every night. Its extremely relaxed and laid back. Just don't forget your sunscreen. Please email me if you want more info.

krista mahal Mar 11th, 1998 07:09 AM

We vacationed for two weeks at Halcyon in Dec.96 and loved it!I think that there were only two other Canadian couples and the rest were a mix between American (maybe 40%25) and European. The British like St-Lucia. I would suggest that you book luxury garden view or higher, as the two lower category rooms are closer to the road and therefore noiser. From the luxury garden view up the rooms exactly the same except for location on the property. We have been to many other Sandals resorts and I preferred this one because of the view from the beach and the beautiful gardens. The bus ride to the resort is a little long (I think about an hour) but as we were staying there two weeks we didn't care as much. The piano louge was a lot of fun. This resort is a little less loud and party-like that the other St-Lucia resort, which suited us just fine. The other felt like a cruise ship, although it did have better coffee and one of the restaurants was very nice. However, I think that the Pier and Marios are right up there in quality. We live in Montreal and are pretty hard to please. I was not disappointed in the restaurants at Halcyon. The chef at the Pier gives a little cooking class during the week that was fun too. What else? I would suggest that you rent a jeep and head north to see the beautiful water and national park. If you want to visit the rain forest, go on an organized tour. We tried it by rented jeep, but chickened out when we almost got stuck in the mud. Oh yes, if you get the chance, have lunch at Ladera restaurant. The most beautiful and stunning view I have seen in the Caribbean. If you have any other questions I will be happy to answer them.

leslie Mar 11th, 1998 09:12 AM

THAT IS GREAT TO HEAR HOW GREAT IT IS THERE, FROM SOMEONE WHO HAS BEEN THERE. WHAT IS THE BEACH LIKE, CAN YOU GO SNORKELING FROM THE BEACH OR DO YOU HAVE TO TAKE BOATS SOMEWHERE? I'VE READ THAT AT ANOTHER RESORT (IN ST. LUCIA) THE WATER WAS VERY MURKY, WE ARE BEACH LOVERS AND HOPE TO SWIM IN THE OCEAN AND LAY ON THE BEACH, ALONG WITH GO IN SWIMMING POOLS. THAT IS GREAT ADVISE ON ROOM LOCATION, WE WILL TAKE YOUR ADVISE. IS IT TRUE THAT YOU CAN ONLY GO TO THE RESORT'S PEIR RESTAURANT ONCE FOR SUPPER DURING YOUR STAY? HOW IS THE FOOD AND VARIETY, CAN YOU GET LOBSTER/SEAFOOD OR JUST 'FISH'? THANKS AGAIN FOR ALL YOUR ADVISE, FROM A FELLOW CANADIAN-Leslie. We live in Belleville, Ontario, which is about a four hour drive west of you. About 1 1/2 hours before Toronto.

Leslie Mar 11th, 1998 02:17 PM

I also was wondering about the weather we can expect in September. During the "RAIN SEASON", will it rain alot while we are there. Any advise or comments appreciated.