Sandals Halcyon Resort in St. Lucia

Apr 25th, 2002, 01:41 PM
utsapo

Sandals Halcyon Resort in St. Lucia

Hello,
We are getting ready to take a honemoon trip to the Sandals Halcyon Resort and were wondering if anyone had been in early May. What is the weather like then? Also, how was the food at the various restaurants? What kind of food is there to snack on during the day? How are the mixed drinks?
Thanks

Apr 28th, 2002, 08:32 PM
ss

We loved our stay at halycon in oct of 2000. Check out my photos (and others) at www.tropictravelonline.com in the photo gallery for sandals and beaches resorts. Mixed drinks were awesome if you like banana blended drinks. "banana lady" was good (rum, cream, ice, banana). The snack/beach bar has the usual stuff such as burgers, dogs, nachos, chicken burgers, fries etc. Breakfast and lunch buffets at the bayside were varied and quite good.

May 7th, 2002, 06:41 PM
David

We just returned from 7 day stay at Halcyon. Weather was great all week. 85 - 90 during day and 80 at night. Rained about twice a day for about 5 to 10 minutes. Food was very good to fair depending upon the restaurant, best was at Marios.Pier was fair to good. Kimonos was good. Pavilion was very good. As far as snacks during the day we did not need many as there was plenty to eat at breakfast & lunch. If you did get hungry there is the Beach Grill that is open when other restaurants are closed. they serve burgers, fries, grilled chicken, salads, chips. Mixed grinks are the usual mixed drinks. I found the frozen generic drinks just fair. They seem to use a lot of sugar and the rum they use is lousy. You have to specify a higher quality name brand alcohol or they use the cheap stuff. Beer was either Heineken or Piton (local brew). We went to the larger resort twice and while we thought it was beautiful we found it too large and not as intimate as halcyon. There was a lot of Honeymooners there and i did not hear one complaint. There are two pools, the main and the Garden Pool. We spent most of the week at the garden Pool as it was quiet and secluded. Beach was fair. Water was not too rough, just not as clear and turquios as the brochures. As you go out 20 to 30 feet it clears up, but not too many people went out that far. Hope this helps.

May 7th, 2002, 06:56 PM
Kim

You will love it, the food is great and make sure you visit the golf resort. Here is a excursion sheet on this resort
We did the day Sail and Sunset cruise and it was a blast on both. Watch the rum punch it has a "REALLY bid punch"

May 8th, 2002, 05:03 AM
Alex

Hi,

My wife and I (30/32) stayed at Halcyon for our honeymoon in Nov. 2000 and were very impressed with the restaurants. Try a few at the Sandals St. Lucia as well, but I think the Italian rest. at Halcyon was our favorite, the one on the water was nice too. All but one were very good. I think the one I didn't like much was at St. Lucia, can't remember which, sorry. Do the day sail to the Grenadine Islands if you can afford it, hey, forget money for now, it's your honeymoon, remember that. The water is much nicer there, Palm Island, etc. were great, and you may see a few dolphins follow the boat a bit. Was very happy we did that, as the water in St. Lucia is so so, but decent snorkling. Day sail to the volcano, etc. is a must too. Have fun...the drinks are great, but don't remember too many snacks lying around. Plenty of time to eat buffets, etc. for lunch, breakfast. Have a scorpion, non alcoholic, but mm good.