Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Caribbean Islands (https://www.fodors.com/community/caribbean-islands/)
-   -   Sandals Halcyon (https://www.fodors.com/community/caribbean-islands/sandals-halcyon-57212/)

Michael Nov 24th, 1999 06:19 AM

Sandals Halcyon

My wife and I will be in St. Lucia from December 5 - December 12 and will be staying at the Sandals Halcyon. Although we have visited many other Caribbean islands, neither of us have been to St. Lucia. Even though Hurricane Lenny did not make a direct hit on the island, we heard it suffered quite a bit of flooding and beach erosion. Could someone give us a damage report on St. Lucia and in particular, if the Sandals Halcyon resort was affected. Will the water visibility improve for diving by the time we get there? Also, if someone could provide general information on the island and/or the Sandals Halcyon resort, it would be appreciated. THANKS!!

jennifer block Nov 26th, 1999 06:24 AM

Hi Michael, I don't know much about <BR>the huricane damage, but I stayed at Halcyon last year & loved it. Although the beach at the resort was not that great. Have a great time! Jennifer

Laurie Nov 28th, 1999 03:31 PM

We will be traveling to St. Lucia at Sandals Halcyon for the first time in May. When you return could you let me know how you liked or disliked this resort. I have heard a lot of great things about the bigger resort in St. Lucia but not much on Halcyon. Thanks.

Mike Nov 30th, 1999 01:30 PM

Mike, <BR> <BR>I just got back from St. Lucia on Sunday. I stayed at the Wyndham Morgan Bay Resort, which isn't too far from Sandals. Most places suffered beach erosion. The flooding was in the south, not near where you'll be staying. Most of the bigger places from what I could see were reacting fairly quickly to get their beaches cleaned up. Since Sandals is a big operation, I would expect them to be doing the same thing. At Wyndham, things were back to normal by Wednesday. Enjoy St. Lucia, it's beautiful and I found the people to be very friendly. Do some day trips, you'll really be glad you did.

Tammy Dec 21st, 1999 09:54 AM

We just got back from St. Lucia and stayed at the larger Sandals, but did visit the halcyon. We definitely preferred the larger one and were quite happy we didn't stay at halcyion. Much more to do and better beach, larger pools, better mix of people. Plus many more restaurants and bars. I wasn't happy with the italian restaurant there. <BR>I would highly recommend the Sandals St. Lucia!

Anna Dec 22nd, 1999 06:15 PM

Laurie, <BR>My husband and I stayed at the Halcyon last March and really liked it. Try doing a search under "Halcyon" and you should find some more information on it. We chose that resort because of the recommendations we got from this forum last year. The people that we met all seemed to be glas that they had chosen the Halcyon over the larger Sandal's St. Lucia. The Halcyon has a more intimate, laid back feel. I also liked the fact that the building were all one or two story bungalow style, rather than the splashy pink buildings at Sandal's St. Lucia.