Notices

Sandals Grand Riviera Jamaica

Nov 25th, 2012, 09:57 AM
Original Poster

Sandals Grand Riviera Jamaica

Hi everyone! I am wondering if anyone has stayed at this property before? What is it like? How are restaurants/service rooms? We booked a standard garden room leAVING ON cHRISTMAS DAY FOR THE WEEK. What is the best dining experience? We are celebrating our 26 wedding anniversary. Will we be the oldest ones there? Thanks a million for any help or replys. June
Nov 25th, 2012, 03:45 PM

I stayed at the Grande this past year. There were 4 couples who had one of the villas on the hill side. The property is huge. Our room was great. it had a nice size bedroom with king bed, flat screen and nice view of gardens. It also had a living room with another flat screen, and a nice balcony. There was also a little niche which had a fully stocked bar. The pool is huge on the Grande Riviera side. The grounds of the whole property are beautiful. On the beach side, there are a few pools, small beaches. We loved hanging out at the round bar at sunset. The restaurant over the water is good - reserve early - like on the day you arrive and check in. The italian restaurant is supposed to be very good, but we couldn't get our party in there....and I don't think they take reservations for that unless you get Butler service. We loved going for Sushi...yes, it was very yummy! Overall, the food is good. Breakfest has tons of choices as well. In order to get from the hillside to the beach and most restaurants, you have to take a bus....which sounds like a drag, but they leave frequently and it takes 5 minutes. They will also drive you to your room via a jitney (I forget now)....it's a small vehicle, open aired with benches...seats 6...If you have specific questions, let me know. I really, really enjoyed it here...I've been to Sandals St Lucia, Antigua, Beaches Turks/Caicos, and Jamaica.....
Oct 21st, 2013, 01:07 PM

Thank you BellaClaire for your review!

Search this Thread