Reload this Page >

Sandals/flying in from NY, and advise

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16th, 1998, 05:36 AM
Kat

My fiance and I are thinking about Sandals for our Honeymoon in July99. We've narrowed it down to either Antigua or St. Lucia. We'd like a resort that's on the casual side. We've heard the the Bahamas resort is a little on the Fancy/Dressy side so we've excluded it.. Jamaica was another option, but I've heard horror stories about it. We realize that Jamaica may be the cheapest of the resorts flying in from either JFK, LaGuardia or Newark. We're really not to concerned about ethe resort expenses, but we are concerned about the flight expenses and the layovers getting to the resorts.. Can anyone tell us about anything? THANKS!

Old Dec 16th, 1998, 12:20 PM
vivian giaquinto

I just got back from Sandals Royal Bahamian - and I think you are making a mistake to exclude it from your honeymoom plans. It is the absolute most beautiful resort. Everyone dressed casually elegant by that I mean a sundress for women and dress shorts or dockers for men. This is the best Sandals by far to be a guest at.

Old Dec 16th, 1998, 12:21 PM
vivian giaquinto

I just got back from Sandals Royal Bahamian - and I think you are making a mistake to exclude it from your honeymoom plans. It is the absolute most beautiful resort. Everyone dressed casually elegant by that I mean a sundress for women and dress shorts or dockers for men. This is the best Sandals by far to be a guest at.

Old Dec 16th, 1998, 05:23 PM
Leslie

Hi Kat; <BR>We went to Sandals Halcyon in St. Lucia and would recommend it in a second. If you are looking for casual, I'd say this resort definetly suits your style. It is probably the most laid back of the Sandals, beach-Caribbean style resort and the service was wonderful. The food was out of this world good and we met lots of New Yorkers staying there. Actually, alot flew in from Toronto Pearson Airport with us Canadians...because they said the connection was easier, and it was a direct flight. You may want to look into this if you are from Northern part of New York State. <BR> <BR>If you'd like more details (my travel report) on our stay at Sandals Halycon, please email me at [email protected] <BR>I'll be happy to email you a copy. <BR> <BR>Leslie.

Old Dec 18th, 1998, 05:56 AM
Christine

Kat, I've never been to Jamaica (but I'm going in April). I'm from New York and know many others that flew directly to Montego Bay. I don't know which airport they flew or airline. But check out Air Jamaica's web site at http://www.airjamaica.com <BR> <BR>Good luck to you both!

Old Dec 19th, 1998, 10:52 AM
pat

I just returned from a week at Breezes Golf & Beach Resort in Runaway Bay. It was truly the most wonderful and relaxing week I've ever had! It was as casual or as formal as you want it to be. There was a good mix of honeymooners,( as well as those married at the resort!) couples, with a few singles and "adult families" thrown in. I flew out of Stewart-Newburgh, not wanting to fight the traffic at the large airports, and would definitely do it again, but the connections and delays at Philli were awful! At this point I'm not a fan of US Air, and wouldn't use them again; I've heard good things about Jamaicaair and Delta's service from the metro NY airports, and will check that out before I go next time. E-Mail me for more info!