Sandals Bahamas or St. Lucia

Mar 9th, 2003, 04:36 AM
Original Poster

Sandals Bahamas or St. Lucia

My hunband and I have a free to trip to any Sandals of our choice. We're considering Bahamas or St. Lucia. What are the beaches like (we're big fans of T&C beaches). Also, topless allowed at either?
Mar 9th, 2003, 09:44 AM

jackies,
I would choose the Bahamas. It's closer, it's a nicer resort and the beach is better. Plus, they have their own off-shore island and will ferry you over there. Because it's a british island, topless is a no-no.
Mar 9th, 2003, 12:03 PM

Neither one of you choices have good beaches. Sandals St.lucia have great pools but the beach is quite small and usually very rough water. The Bahamas Sandals Royal bahamian has a very small beach area also but hs the private island to enjoy. I think you should look at Sandals negril if you like beach. I just returned from a 10 night stay on the 28th . Any ?'s feel free to email me.
Mar 9th, 2003, 02:07 PM

I tend to agree with the last post tht if oyuare looking for a good beach - neither has one. Bahamas beach is far smaller then it appears in all teh pictures - sand is soft and white, water is nice and calm but small. Therre is a nice shore line onteh off shore island that we enjoyed - very private, more tropical feel.

Beach at Sadnals St. Lucia is actually aman made ocve and thewater gets very rough. People actually go over to Sadnals Halcyon for water sports as it is much calmer there. Sand is very dark which throws some people off.

Topless is not allowed at either resort but on the off shore island, you could proubly get away with it.

Bahamas resort is very beautiful; pools are very impressive and focal point. Great food and service at both. Sandals St. Lucia offers a grander feel, pool area gets packed. Ncie though that youwouldhave twoother Sandals to use.

Penney
Mar 10th, 2003, 06:13 AM

If looking for a great beach, I would suggest Negril or Antigua. We honeymooned at the Antigua resort last year and really enjoyed it. The beach is large and spread out so we never felt overcrowded. The water is very calm and great for watersports/swimming. There were many topless sun bathers, mostly around the pools but there were a few on the beach. It didn't seem to be a problem.

I have read recently that the Negril resort has become a little run down (rooms were musty,etc.). Again, this is not first hand. If you have any questions, please ask.