Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Caribbean Islands (https://www.fodors.com/community/caribbean-islands/)
-   -   SANDALS Antigua auction at skyauction!!!!! (https://www.fodors.com/community/caribbean-islands/sandals-antigua-auction-at-skyauction-249803/)

Silflay Aug 15th, 2002 05:56 AM

SANDALS Antigua auction at skyauction!!!!!

Here's the link:<BR><BR>http://www.skyauction.com/jsp/offer.jsp?OFFER_ID=704022<BR><BR>The current highest bid is only $2 per night!

trollwatch Aug 15th, 2002 06:38 AM

<BR>So, Silflay, are we to suppose that you are not going to bid on this package? And, if not, why are you telling us this?<BR>And, if so, why are you telling us this?<BR>Just a good-hearted person, hoping to help someone low on finds to enjoy the thrill of a Sandals vacation?<BR>Very noble of you.<BR>But it sure smacks of the action of someone who stands to gain by their actions.

silflay Aug 15th, 2002 07:04 AM

Ah, you are so very wise Mr. Trollwatch. I do have a vested interest. I'm currently the bid at $2. I thought I would surprise my husband, but I leaked the surprise. Good thing I did, b/c he said he would rather have a root canal than go to Sandals. It would be my luck that I would win for once at one of these auctions. So I'm hoping that by making the auction known, someone will come in at $3 and I'll be off the hook (it actually comes out to something like $90 a night since there are per person taxes). It's a great deal for people who likes Sandals. Were my intentions altruistic? No. Could it be a benefit to somebody anyway? Yes.<BR><BR>Kudos to Mr. Trollwatch.

Sue Aug 15th, 2002 09:20 AM

It is a bummer when you have a bid in and then don't want it.<BR><BR>I'm sure someone has to outbid $2.00 ha ha...no matter how bad they say Sandals is.<BR><BR>: )

Silflay Aug 15th, 2002 09:34 AM

Hmm, maybe I'll leave hubby at home and take a friend. Hey Sue, any vacation time left? ;-)<BR><BR>The auction ends tomorrow I think. I would be seriously shocked if the bidding doesn't start happening on this.

goober Aug 15th, 2002 10:11 AM

so is your hubby ramjet? A root canal rather than go to Sandals? What a friggin idiot he is. Divorce that stupid dork and go without him (of course since it is couples only you will have to find someone else with better sense to go with you). Your husband is stupid, ignorant, and a loser lady. Wise up.

goober Aug 15th, 2002 10:15 AM

Sorry, I was late with my medications today. Makes me a little unbalanced.<BR>I'm better now.<BR>Didn't mean to call you those names.<BR>Hope somebody outbids you on the auction so you don't end up in a bind.<BR>Tired now. Going to go rest for a bit.

goober Aug 15th, 2002 10:26 AM

I feel pretty, I feel pretty, so pretty. Everything is coming up roses.<BR>OKLAHOMA where the wind comes rolling down the ....what was that? I am not nuts

sue Aug 15th, 2002 10:38 AM

Whew....some STRANGE people on this site.<BR><BR>Are you hearing voices goober?

goober Aug 15th, 2002 11:50 AM

Yes the voices speak to me all the time and mostly say "ah go to the islands and drink some rum mon" wanta go with me?

Gina Aug 15th, 2002 11:59 AM

I won bid on skyauction and am very pleased with the price and the customer service. I am going in Dec. and am very excited. There are a lot of informative articles on the net about almost anywhere. I am going to Antigua. Lonely Planet has a great bunch of good things to read.

JOJO Aug 15th, 2002 12:03 PM

Get a grip Gina, sandals sucks at all cost

pam Aug 15th, 2002 12:38 PM

The auction doesn't end till tomorrow night so I'm pretty sure someone will outbid you Silfay. I'm a veteran with these auctions and I always bid at the last minute and end up always winning the bid.

KB Aug 15th, 2002 12:38 PM

Get a grip yourself JOJO. She never mentioned Sandals. She's providing helpful feedack on Skyauction. <BR><BR>You're right Gina, Lonely Planet is a good resources. Hope you enjoy your trip.

Gina Aug 16th, 2002 11:27 AM

JOJO, I am NOT going to sandals. Please read before you reply. Thank you KB....

anon Aug 16th, 2002 06:40 PM

I won a trip from Skyauction to Antigua and had a great time!! I stayed at Allegro Pineapple Beach. Good beach & good food. Antigua was fun...

anon Aug 19th, 2002 07:53 AM

Silflay: So are you stuck with your Sandals trip or did you get outbid? Just curious.

Susan Aug 19th, 2002 07:56 AM

Someone outbid Silflay on the auction. I've been watching it to to find a good destination.<BR><BR>Hyatt in Grand Cayman is $104 a night...im wondering how high it will go.<BR><BR>

KB Aug 19th, 2002 07:56 AM

Whoever won it got it for $95 per night night plus a $32 surcharge/tax thing. That's $127 per night or maybe that's per person per night. Doesn't appear to include airfare. I've never been to this resort. Did this person get a good deal?

teddy Aug 19th, 2002 08:12 AM

yeo that isa good deal mon...very cheap even ifn it is per person mon