Search

san juan or dorado

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30th, 2010, 01:13 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
san juan or dorado

We have 4 nights in Puerto Rico in December. Should we get out of San Juan for 3 nights and go to Dorado? Or is it not that much different than San Juan? And if going to Dorado should we rent a car. Thanks!
Old Jul 31st, 2010, 05:09 AM
cd

We are spending 3 nights in Old San Juan in a rented apartment. We plan to rent a car and spend a day at the rainforest, El Yunque, which is a 45min drive, or so I'm told. What does Dorado offer? Tell me a little about it please.
Old Aug 1st, 2010, 08:02 AM

In San Juan, Marriott in Condado. In Dorado Embassy Suites, but the best, EL Conquistador Resort, part of Waldorf Astoria Collection is 1 hour from San Juan. You should rent a car except in San Juan. Taxis are little expensive, I live here.
Old Aug 2nd, 2010, 12:00 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for your replies. We were thinking of going to Dorado to get out of San Juan and see a little bit more of the island. But I am thinking Dorado is not much different than San Juan and we might as well save the expense of the car rental and stay in San Juan? Is this what you think Jimmy?? I did check the El Conquistador last week and they are booked. It does look great.

We have one night in San Juan before our cruise. If we stay at the Marriott for 4 nights after the cruise any ideas on a different part of town to stay on the first night?? Thanks for your help
Old Aug 3rd, 2010, 04:49 PM

We have a place rented in Dorado in December and I am renting a car for the week, but I am interested in using a taxi once in a while when I don't want to drive, or more accurately, when I shouldn't be driving. What are my best options from SJ to Dorado?