Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Caribbean Islands
Reload this Page >

San Juan hotel help needed - flight leaves at 7AM - need hotel close to airport!!!

San Juan hotel help needed - flight leaves at 7AM - need hotel close to airport!!!

Old Mar 19th, 2004, 09:47 AM
Original Poster

We are arriving in San Juan at 10 AM one day and leaving at 7AM the next day. We're looking for a safe, clean, and cheap place to stay as close to the airport as possible - we're worried about finding a taxi to take us to the airport at 5 AM! Originally wanted to stay at the hotel at(in) the airport, but called and they said it was closed until the end of the year for remodeling. Any recommendations for us would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!
Old Mar 19th, 2004, 10:10 AM
Sunnyboy

There are lots of hotels within 10 or 15 minutes of the airport and most have taxi standing by at all hours to take people with early flights to the airport. If you use the seach feature above (type in San Juan Hotels) you'll find many recent posts with specific hotel information. Also check out some of the following to see if they are in your price range:

Embassey Suites
Courtyard by Marriott
Days Inn Condado Lagoon
ESJ Towers
Hampton Inn & Suites
Howard Johnsons

Old Mar 19th, 2004, 10:31 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the reply Sunnyboy. I guess our 2 top requirements are 1)cheap and 2)will have taxis to take us the aiport. Which of those you listed would you recommend with that in mind? Thanks for you help!!!
Old Mar 19th, 2004, 11:00 AM
Sunnyboy

keep in mind that cheap is a relative term, especially in SJU. Of the ones I listed HJ is probably the least expensive but you should check with the hotel to confirm availability of the taxi at the time you need. I know from experience that taxis are available at the other hotels I mentioned. There probably are cheaper places with taxis but I wouldn't stay at any of them.

Old Mar 25th, 2004, 06:36 AM

How about the Hotel International -its inside the airport. Its nothing fancy, but cheap and you don't have to worry about transportation at 5:00 a.m. I stayed there two years ago, and it was fine - clean and safe.