Search

Holiday Inn Aruba

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11th, 1998, 06:24 PM
Al

Holiday Inn Aruba

Anyone been to Holiday Inn Aruba lately? <BR>Hows the food, beach, pool etc. <BR>Al

Old Nov 12th, 1998, 03:53 AM
Laura

Hi Al! I was at the Holiday Inn Aruba last December and will be returning in two weeks. There are major renovations going on now, their website states that these will be completed by December 1st. <BR> <BR>The beach, as usual, is beautiful I hear. The pool is nice and the food is okay (nothing special, but fairly good). <BR>I think Holiday Inn Aruba is the best value on the island. <BR> <BR>Let me know if you have any further questions. <BR> <BR>Laura <BR>

Old Nov 12th, 1998, 04:34 AM
debbie

ditto. we were there at this time last year (sigh!) and it is the only mid-price all inclusive on the island. the next step up is tamarijn and bushiri - however H.I. is right on Palm Beach and within steps of the other hotels on the strip. the rooms are large and very clean and the food is okay - the buffet restaurant was not open at the time we were there so we were stuck with slow service in the a la carte restaurant and the food was actually quite good when it finally came. The pool is just okay but with the big beautiful beach right there you don't need the pool. and if you want a change of scenery, simply stroll through the drop dead gorgeous pool and garden area of the Hyatt Regency two doors down! If you want to have a really good cup of coffee after your evening meal, just wander down to the TCBY at the Hyatt and enjoy your cappucinno while sitting around the quiet and deserted pool area and watch the swans. <BR>Go for it!

Old Apr 12th, 1999, 04:37 PM
TOM FINN

Our experienced visit to Holiday Inn during Easter week was disappointing. The lobby is the only new fresh look. The remainder of the hotel is just getting by on band aid maintenance. The plumbing system suffers from age and is in need of major repairs. Sliding glass doors move only on brute strength.For over 600 rooms the pool is tiny. Nightly <BR>entertainment does not measure up to hotel of that size. Due to the language barrier few hotel service personnel can answer any questions and you must rely on the quests to answer your questions. The sit down dinner service is painfully slow. Eight years ago we stayed at Bushiri and the dinner service was superb. With the exception of the Aruba's Holiday Inn's " Palm Beach" , Holiday Inn, Montego Bay provided far better facilities and food. <BR>Tom Finn <BR> <BR>

Old Apr 13th, 1999, 01:10 PM
Randy

<BR>This property is just so-so. I would argue that it is a better property than Tamarijn by far. I saw the horrid rooms that Tamarijn tries to push off on people last year. My wife's cousin and husband were on the island at the same time we were and they were miserable with the conditions of the rooms. Frankly, this HI seems to be like most of the U.S. HIs--badly in need of major upgrades. <BR> <BR>Look at the Allegro resort, LaCabana or the Marriott. We just came back from a second year at La Cabana. It is a pleasant mid-range resort. Nice staff and decent rooms--try for the grande suites if possible. The Marriott is probably, along with the Hyatt, the nicest property on the island. We did brunch there on Easter Sunday and decided that we'd stay there next year. <BR> <BR>Aruba is great fun, beautiful beaches and all that you look for in a get-away. Have fun where ever you stay!