?s about Sandals Royal Caribbean

Old Jun 2nd, 2001, 02:34 PM
Kris

?s about Sandals Royal Caribbean

I am really interested in Sandals Royal Caribbean and have a few questions.

I've read (& seen pix) that the beach is quite small. It doesn't have to be huge but I don't want to be elbow-to-elbow crowded either. Is the roped-off area just for swimming or do any of the watersports have to cram in there too?

I'm not a wine drinker. Can you get mixed drinks with dinner, pina coladas for example?

Last, what can anyone tell me about a deluxe (the cheapest) room. Thanks so much!!

Old Jun 2nd, 2001, 08:19 PM
Mark

The beach is, like most of cable beach, a somewhat narrow strip of sand. However, it is perfectly nice and big enough for any leisurely pursuit I would be after. It is a stunning resort, and I recommend it highly. I've stayed there a couple of times, even though I spend half my time at Paradise Island.

Old Jun 3rd, 2001, 08:44 AM
Kris

I'm sorry--I meant Royal Caribbean in Jamaica. But thanks anyway Mark!

Old Jun 3rd, 2001, 09:38 AM
been there

Hi Kris - RC is a really nice resort...pretty lively with lots of return guests. You will not be arm-to-arm except if you join in during pool volleyball as that can get lots of takers.

You can have all the mixed drinks you want. Pina's can be ordered even with "a float of dark rum"...that's the way I order them...yum!!

As for the deluxe room...they are without balcony or patio with garden views. I always need a balcony on my island escapes. You can always hope for an upgrade especially if you book thru a travel agent that is a CSS.

Old Jun 4th, 2001, 09:34 AM
Kris

Thanks. I got another question. Is there anything neat or interesting within walking distance of this resort?