Royal Hideaway Resort & Spa

Old Jan 22nd, 2004, 01:15 PM
Original Poster

Royal Hideaway Resort & Spa

This resort is in Mexico. I am considering it for a Honeymoon in June 04. Has anyone been there?
Old Jan 22nd, 2004, 01:32 PM

My husband and I went there for our 1 year anniversary 2 years ago (Oct. 2002). We had a terrific time. Prior to that we did the Sandals AI in St. Lucia and felt that even though it is an AI (RH) it didn't even measure up to the Sandals. The resort has excellent food, accommodations and service. We stayed in a garden view room which was nice however if I stayed there again I would definitely opt for the ocean view. When making the reservation request the top floor because the top floor has beautiful cathedral ceilings. We wished we had gone there instead of the Sandals for our honeymoon but at least we were able to go there for our 1 year anniversary! The italian restaurant has seating available outside on the roof top weather permitting. I would recommend you request to sit outside. They also have an area downstairs from the lobby where you can book various excursions to nearby Tulum, Chichen Itza and/or Coba (when we go back I want to try that one). I can go on and on about this resort but you will definitely not be disappointed. Any more questions I would be happy to answer them for you. -Susan
Old Jan 22nd, 2004, 01:35 PM

I would also like to add that this resort is one of the smaller AIs in Playa Del Carmen. We enjoyed it because it had a more intimate feel. If you want to go to a place that has a lot of nightlife you would not like it. They do have a martini bar where you can relax after or before dinner and have a few cocktails. They also offer (we didn't do this) dining on the beach. They set up a table for two with white linens, etc. Looked really romantic when we saw them setting it up.
Old Jan 22nd, 2004, 02:57 PM

Great place..very un-AI-like.My fiance and I went this past May.Upscale enviroment,good service,GREAT beach and the ocean is PERFECT for swimming.We also did a coulples massage at the spa and it was done very tastefully and professionally.This resort is not like most all-inclusives and I consider it an exception.We would return without hesitation.Have fun!
Old Jan 22nd, 2004, 03:17 PM
mjz

If you do a search under the Latin America board, you can find a lot of information on Royal Hideaway. You've picked a great area for your honeymoon. The Riveria Maya is beautiful.

I going to throw out an option that you may want to research. Check out Ikal del Mar, it's quite beautiful...very romantic and secluded.