Search

Jamaica November Rain

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12th, 2003, 04:05 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jamaica November Rain

We are leaving in two weeks for Negril and it has been raining, virtually everyday, since mid October and the weather.com forecast depicts rain continuously for this week and next. terribly bad luck on our part.
I suppose we have booked during the rainy season - can anyone speak to whether or not the showers in Jamaica this time of year generally last all day long?
Old Nov 12th, 2003, 10:25 AM

We've gone to Negril for Thanksgiving for several years and actually, it only rained one day out of those that I recall.

Even when it rains, it's generally an afternoon shower of an hour or so.

Your weather may be coming from Montego Bay and not Negril, MoBay does seem to get a bit more rain...on the east coast they get even more.
Old Nov 12th, 2003, 02:11 PM

Stayed in Ocho Rios right after Thanksgiving last year and it seemed to get overcast in the afternoon around 3:00pm on a couple of days with light, brief showers. Never did it rain all day. The weather forecasts may show it raining daily but more than likely the scenario is what I described and you will have sunshine in between. The brief showers were actually sort of refreshing.
Old Nov 12th, 2003, 02:28 PM

We were just there. My husband freaked out because it rained the entire evening on our first night in Negril and continued to thunderstorm all night long and into the early morning. However, it stopped by 10 and we thoroughly enjoyed our vacation. It continued to rain, but after our first day, it was just in spurts. We had a couple days when it didn't rain at all. We only got rained out of something once and that was a walk we were taking on the beach. Fortunately, we were in our bathing suits and close enough to our resort that it didn't matter. I wouldn't worry about it too much if I were you.
Old Nov 13th, 2003, 03:09 AM
Original Poster

Thank you - once again you have quelled any fears. Such lovely people on this board!
I am very much looking forward to giving a full trip report when I return! Best to you all!