Search

Rooms at the Westin

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6th, 2002, 08:53 AM
John

Rooms at the Westin

My wife and I will be staying at the Westin. I've heard some people, not a lot, complain about a musky smell in the rooms. That's the only negative thing I've heard about this hotel. Those of you who have stayed there, have you had this problem? And, is it an unbearable smell or is it not bad at all? I just want to make sure we have a nice room. I've heard the Westin is the best hotel in Grand Cayman, that's why we chose it.

Old Feb 6th, 2002, 09:51 AM
s

I stayed in a first floor ocean front room in January and had no smell at all...

Old Feb 6th, 2002, 10:00 AM
Troy

I've stayed on third & fifth floors and never smelled a thing. Its wall to wall carpet throughout so maybe with all the watersports someone got a room real wet or something.

Old Feb 6th, 2002, 11:24 AM
Missy

Hi, have stayed at Westin four times/two rooms each time(2nd,3rd and 4th floors). Only one time do I recall there being a problem for us. Honestly it may have been that we got a smoking room due to non-smoking unavailable(peak time).What I recall doing is while at grocery store picking up a couple air fresheners and it did the trick. Again I may have been a bit more sensitive...next time we went I just brought along my Febreeze and found I didn't even need it. Enjoy your trip!

Old Feb 19th, 2002, 05:17 PM
mel

We loved the Westin! Stayed there in July 2000, would go again in a minute. No problem with either of the rooms (we upgraded, so we changed rooms once).

Old Feb 19th, 2002, 07:44 PM
David

We stayed at the Westin a couple of years ago and loved it. No bad smell at all in the rooms that we can remember. Actually I remember the rooms being really nice, and with or without a smell its still the best place to stay in Grand Cayman- hands down.

Old Feb 20th, 2002, 08:46 AM
Trish

John, <BR>We just returned Saturday night and our first room was so bad my husband could not stop coughing and I had an asthma attack at 2 am. We smelled this room in the hallway, and I am always the last one to smell anything. The hotel staff told us we could not move as there were no other rooms. In reality, there were 40. We ended up moving the following day and taking a room with two double beds, instead of a king size. The head of housekeeping does come through after the women have cleaned and they spray a lemon scented spray in the rooms. This works if there is a slight musty smell only, as there was in our second room. We were able to handle that. Frankly we were disappointed in the hotel. We loved GC, however we will stay elsewhere on our next visit.

Old Feb 20th, 2002, 10:35 AM
Mary Anne

The Westin is real convenient for first timers who don't know the island yet and who want all the hotel services. It can be had fairly cheap with package deals at certain times of the year. But a lot of people go for condos after the first trip. There are lots of really nice upscale condos and villas on GC that are run like hotels.