Reload this Page >

room categories at Beaches Turks and Caicos

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20th, 2002, 12:31 PM
Sandy

We're thinking about taking our family to Beaches Turks and Caicos this summer. We're interested in the concierge level--can anyone tell us your experience with concierge rooms at this resort? Which would you choose and which to stay away from. Location advice for rooms would also be appreciated...we don't want to be right in the thick of things (ie next to a lounge or restaurant). Any other tips about the resort would be great, too.

Old Mar 20th, 2002, 01:54 PM
Penney

If you do not want to be in the thick of things, then aviod any rooms in the French Village - it is very impressive but very active center.<BR><BR>The Presidential Suites right on the beach are wonderful!!!! Walk right out, very spacious.

Old Mar 20th, 2002, 02:11 PM
TRAVELER

My husband and I stayed in the Honeymoon beachfront concierge. Very nice room, huge balcony with an entrance from the bedroom and the living room. In the living room was a wetbar and daily stocked fridge and a nice touch, basket of snacks each day.<BR>Sunken tub, double sink vanity. I loved it. <BR>Although this was "beach front" there was no view of the beach due to the dunes. We could see a peek of the water, but it was a GREAT room! We were by the seafood restaurant which was not so great...garlicy smell some nights.<BR>I loved this resort, the beach is fantastic!

Old Mar 20th, 2002, 03:04 PM
Sandy

Sandy and Traveler,<BR>Traveler,<BR>Was this one room or broken up into two? I'm thinking it's like our room Beaches Negril--one big room, which worked fine. The website says it has a king bed, pullout couch AND a twin bed? That seems odd--was the twin in your room? Penney and Traveler, it sounds like you both had good experiences at this resort--some reports on this board say quality has decreased in the past year. Any thoughts?

Old Mar 20th, 2002, 05:17 PM
Sandy

Oops,<BR>That would be PENNEY and Traveler

Old Mar 21st, 2002, 12:47 PM
Penney

I tis actually two rooms but there are two bedroom suites as well if you need something bigger. We did not have a twim bed in our room but proubly because it was only the two of us. I would call the Beaches and see.<BR><BR>I too have heard reports that it has gone down and really, I can not make any rhyme or reason to some of the comments. We really did not have any problems there - we found the food and service to be very good - the people are accomondating but not rally out going but again, not rude. The beach is beautiful. I do know that the people of Caicos are more laid back and when the resort opened, while it did bring alot of jobs to the island, theh people are not use to larger resorts and such. It then again expanded - some say they just could not handle the extra expansion but know that top management had been brought in.<BR><BR>We turley, though, had a lovely time. The beach is sooooo incredible!!!!!!