Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Caribbean Islands (https://www.fodors.com/community/caribbean-islands/)
-   -   restaurants on turks & caicos (https://www.fodors.com/community/caribbean-islands/restaurants-on-turks-and-caicos-877106/)

wrk4vaka Feb 8th, 2011 01:58 PM

restaurants on turks & caicos

this is our first trip to t&c. we are staying on provo.where looking for the best restaurants.any advise would be appreciated.thanks in advance.

blamona Feb 8th, 2011 02:55 PM

Coco Bistro
Coyaba
Bay Bistro
Anacaona
Vix
Parallel23
Magnolia
Bagatelle
O'soleil

Mid range: Hemingways, Somewhere On The Beach

qqq.WhereWhenHow.com click on dining guide

Caribzack Feb 8th, 2011 03:36 PM

Mid range also: Mango Reef

emcash Feb 8th, 2011 04:50 PM

we were there 2 years ago and if you click on my screen name you can read my opinions on the places at which we dined. generally, speaking, we really enjoyed the cuisine on the island.

virginia Feb 8th, 2011 04:53 PM

for excellent conch - Bugaloo's Conch Shack. they go into the sea for your conch & then prepare it as ordered. it's on the blue hills hwy.

blamona Feb 9th, 2011 04:17 AM

To find Bugaloo's, it's currently just Da Conch Shack.

TPAYT Feb 9th, 2011 08:38 AM

Our favorites: (expensive)
Coco Bistro----fantastic rack of lamb, excellent wine by the glass, outstanding setting & service. All in all our favorite on the island.

Coyaba----Love to sit in the garden, delicious Mahi Mahi and Lobster Thermidor, again great wines by the glass, dessert apple pie for 2, yummmm!

The Grill at Grace Bay Club----couches, tiki torches, expensive casual food or Anacoana for gorgeous setting and really expensive food.

(mid price)
Tiki Hut----pretty setting,good food and wonderful desserts.

Mango Reef----coconut shrimp and lobster ravioli

Hemingway's at The Sands----nice setting outside and good fish tacos.

(lowest price)
Calico Jacks----best ceasar salad, and really good cauual food.

Danny Bouys----Takes us back to Ireland. good fish & chips and other causual food.

Seaside Grill at Ocean Club West----outstanding hamburgers and other sandwiches plus sweet potato fries. Love the Mango Margaritas. Right on the beach.

Da Conch Shack----lots of fun, great drinks and conch fritters, etc.

(Beautiful sunset views)
Magnolia-----a view to die for, but we were'nt impressed at all with the food or service. I'd go for a drink next time and skip the pricy food.

We've tried others with mixed reviews.

Enjoy your trip!

blamona Feb 9th, 2011 12:33 PM

TPAYT-fyi--Calico Jacks has a new owner-don't know what that means for Ceasar salads-maybe you can go back then report back? ;-)

january89 Feb 9th, 2011 03:36 PM

We were there in 2009 (I would LOVE to be there RIGHT NOW) but anyway! We stayed at The Regent Grand and walked to:

Danny Buoys-Good Pub Food, no A/C
Bella Luna-Good Italian Food, service was sort of grumpy on our night, but good food.

Yoshi-I think was close to Regent Grand but anyway, really good sushi and such.

Drove to:

Tiki Hut-By a marina, great people, good food, nice view of the boats. RIBS.

Saltmills-BIG menu, something for everyone. Really nice folks.(Boys went back later for live music)

Magnolia-Great View, go around sunset, we were there a bit too early and had to go inside because of the heat! Good wine selection.

Infinity Bar-Martinis( Can't speak for the food) but beautiful!

Beautiful place, enjoy!