Restaurants near Royal Saint Lucian

Jul 1st, 2003, 01:56 PM
Original Poster

Restaurants near Royal Saint Lucian

Need some recommendations for restaurants in teare of this hotel.
Jul 2nd, 2003, 08:13 AM
Gin

The Lime is within walking distance, great food and also a fun bar at which you can "lime".
Jul 2nd, 2003, 01:15 PM

I stayed at he Rex last July and this is my opinion of the reastaurants....

1.best steak was at Big CHEFF
2.best pasta was at Capone's
3.best and only good burgers was at Mariner's(Rex hotel)
4.best pizza was at Key Largo,which is the only place you cannot walk to from Rex.
5.best Ribbs were at the Charthouse
6.best breakfast was at Harmony Suites
7.best food at an overpriced restaurant was at Buzz
These are all walkable from Rex,and also very safe.We stayed 2 weeks last year and were never bothered.
Jul 3rd, 2003, 01:25 PM

I thought Buzz, which is right across the street was great. A little spendy but worth it, the fish was great. There's a breakfast and lunch place just north on the sand and they had excellent lunches and breakfasts. It's right past the paved lot and is open air. Very reasonable and good food. Also had a good experience at the Charthouse.
Jul 3rd, 2003, 03:23 PM

Hi Happyfive,

I have to respectfully disagree with Gin.
We too were given the advice to eat at the Lime and were excited about it, it was the first place we tried.

We ordered from the menu from a waitress who was not happy to be "pulled" away from hanging out with her friends outside.

We then watched her walk to an outside stand, order some chicken and sides, pay for it and walk into the Lime's kitchen. It came out on a plate but we couldn't believe that we paid almost 4 times what we could have gotten from the outside vendor!

And although I am a picky eater (I actually even had problems with the water, although I am told this is rare) my husband is most def. NOT picky!!, and even he didn't care for the food.

Just my experience, but when I saw this restaurant recommended and I shared it with my husband he couldn't believe it either!

Take care,
Ruby