Restaurants in Caymans near the Westin

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16th, 2005, 09:05 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My husband and I will only be in Grand Cayman for two nights and will be staying at the Westin. Would you recommend eating at the hotel's restaurants, or would it be more fun to go somewhere else on the island? We'll probably stay at the hotel during the day since we're there for such a short time, but we'd like to have good, atmospheric dinners preferably in open-air restaurants. We've never been to the Caymans, so I have no idea what's good and how close everything is, and we are not renting a car. Also, I've heard many places are still closed b/c of Ivan.
Old Feb 17th, 2005, 02:22 AM

Check out www.caymanrestaurants.com. There is a list of all the restaurants telling which are open. Also a map that shows the restaurants close to the Westin.
Old Feb 17th, 2005, 07:43 AM

If you are at the Westin over a Sunday go to the sunday brunch. Great selection of food and unlimited champagne on the beach looking over the sea. Can't be beat. Other than that, the hotel restaurants are overpriced and food quality is average. Too bad that Eats is closed it served the best breakfast so you might not have a choice for breakfast other than Ferdinands( Westin ). For dinner there are many open air restaurants to go to Deckers, The Wharf, Hemingways (Hyatt), The Reef Grill and Grand Old House has outside seating. If you like great food try Ragazzi's for dinner.
Old Feb 17th, 2005, 09:52 AM

The Westin has a great Sunday brunch, provided you don't mind waiting an additional 45-60 minutes longer than what your reservation time was. Other than that, eat outside of the hotel. Spankerdog hit it right on about Eats. Right across the street and huge breakfast for very reasonable price. You can always walk to Ragazzi's. My husband still talkks about their pizza being the best he's ever had. All kinds of Italian.
Old Feb 17th, 2005, 11:46 AM

Deckers is also good, and if you like Sushi, go to Bamboo at the Hyatt Beach Suites.