Restaurants around El Conquistador

Jun 18th, 2002, 05:34 PM
Lois

Restaurants around El Conquistador

We are going to the Wyndham El Conquistador and after reading the reviews on the restaurants I was wondering if anyone can suggest any other choices for meals. We will have a car so transportation is not a problem. I don't want to pay $18.00 for breakfast and have to take out a mortgage for dinner. Any help would be appreciated.

Jun 18th, 2002, 06:04 PM
Kristin

Unfortunately, there's not much. For dinner in Luquillo (15 minutes from the Conquistador), there's Chef Wayne's (American/Puerto Rican), Brass Cactus (bar food--good sandwiches), La Parilla (restaurant #2 in the line of 60 bars; it's one of the few that's actually a restaurant). In Fajardo, there's Lolita's (okay Mexican with great margaritas). You can get a great lunch buffet ($3.50) at Antojito's (in Rio Grande on the road to the Westin). Another good dinner spot is the Mexican restaurant at the Westin--it's not as expensive as the one at the Conquistador and the food is better. I don't know the name, but the main number at the Westin is 787-888-6000 and they'll be able to connect you. Blossom's at the Conquistador isn't as expensive as many of the other restaurants and is very good; I go there frequently.

If you find yourself in Old San Juan for dinner, definitely eat at Dragon Fly on Fortaleza. It's latin/asian fusion and is one of the best restaurants in San Juan. It's not cheap, but is still probably less than most of the restaurants in the Conquistador.

Have a great trip!

Jun 18th, 2002, 06:11 PM
Kristin

Lois, I posted my secondary email address if you have any other questions on PR. I live about 20 minutes from the Conquistador.

Jun 18th, 2002, 06:21 PM
z

Following restaurants are in Fajardo - short drive froim the hotel
A La Banda Waterfront Restaurant
Anchor's Inn
Tropical Paradise Family restaurant
Stingray's Cafe
Rosa's Sea Food Restaurant
Porto Fino Fine Pizza and GRill
The above are listed in Que Pasa Magazine
which should be available at the hotel. You can be certain there are other restaurants in Fajardo that are not listed.

Jun 18th, 2002, 06:24 PM
Kristin

A la Banda is not that good and isn't cheap. If you want seafood, definitely check out La Parilla. I think Stingray is actually at the Conquistador.

Jun 24th, 2002, 10:46 AM
mario

Rosa's seafood was by far my fave on a recent visit to fajardo..super fresh fish, deliscious sorullitos (fried conrmeal sticks with a dipping sauce) and Rosa was a neat lady..make sure you go to rosas and dont get put off if the street looks dingy, Fajardo is safe...enjoy

Ill be at el conquistador for July 4th weekend..hope to see rosas at leats once...

Jul 21st, 2002, 09:17 AM
Andrea

We are staying at the El Conquistador in November but are not planning to rent a car. Can we take a taxi to the restaurants in Fajardo? If so, how much would it be round-trip? Would it still be cheaper than eating at the resort? Thanks for the info!