Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Caribbean Islands
Reload this Page >

Restaurant HELP in St. Croix, Saba, St. Barths, St. Martin, Virgin Gorda & Jost van Dyke

Restaurant HELP in St. Croix, Saba, St. Barths, St. Martin, Virgin Gorda & Jost van Dyke

Old Feb 10th, 2005, 06:48 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello,
I am going on a cruise and would like to find nice lunch places on the following islands:

St. Croix
St. Martin
Saba
St. Barts
Virgin Gorda
Jost van Dyke

Looking for only the 'best' restaurants on each island.

Thanks so much for your help!
Meljoy
Old Feb 10th, 2005, 06:56 AM

What kind of cuisine are you looking for and what is your budget?
Old Feb 10th, 2005, 08:50 AM
Original Poster

Hello. Looking for a restaurant with nice Salads, Fish, Steak, Sandwiches - American fare. Any price is ok. A restaurant where we can eat outdoors by beach is even better.
Old Feb 10th, 2005, 09:24 AM

I can only comment on Saba and St. Martin.

There is no beachside dining on Saba, but I highly recommend Willard's and The Gate House for higher end dining. For something more simple and laid back, I would recommend either Tropics Cafe or YIIK in Windwardside. Tropics has a lovely view, as well as a swimming pool.

http://www.sabatourism.com/restaurants.html

As far as beachside dining in St. Martin, it's very hard to recommend just one place as there are hundreds of great restaurants. IMO, I would recommend taking a stroll in Grand Case, aka The Dining Capitol of the Caribbean, for quiant beachside dining. Orient Bay also has beach dining, but that area tends to be much more crowded.

http://www.grandcase.com/
http://www.sxm-restaurants.com/

Port Royale Marina in Marigot also has some nice restaurants, but they are on the marina, rather than beachside.

If you find something on the above websites that strikes your fancy, come back and ask about specific restauarants and we'll be happy to offer advice if any of us have been to them.
Old Feb 10th, 2005, 10:11 AM

St Barth's has sooo many fabulous restaurants! Oh my..where to start!
Maya'a..but I don't think they are open for lunch. I am not sure if any of the following are open for lunch, but maybe you could look up theie wesites. Maya's also has a Maya'a to go, but it is where you order yourself and then pickup food. Still is wonderful!

Also, Eddy's is great. A really fun place for lunch is at the Tom Beach Hotel. It is decorated with scarves of purples, pink, the food was great. They also have models posing clothing walking around and they have a DJ playing music. Lots of fun. Right on beach. Alson on beach for lunch is Le Rivage. Excellent lobster salad! Too bad you will not be there for dinner, beacuse the majority of the great restaurants are only open at night.

Well, hope you have a wonderful time!!