Reload this Page >

Restaurant Gems in Antigua

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24th, 2001, 04:53 AM
bill

I have recently returned from a holiday in Antigua and was curious to see what Fodors had written about my favorite restaurants and was surprised to see them not even mentioned. <BR>I had a wonderful time at Harmony Hall the ambience at the converted old sugar mill is fabulous with wonderful italian food and dont forget the paintings. Chutneys too my wife and I really enjoyed the food was great with the best fresh lobster we had there highly recommended!And finally, the Bistro I was glad to see had the glowing revue it deserves. Lets hope the other two are revued next year.

Old Apr 24th, 2001, 01:26 PM
Jim

Message: Abracadabras* (English Harbour), Amigos* (Barrymore Beach Club, Runaway Bay), Chutneys* (St. John's), Drydock (Falmouth Harbour), Famous Mauros* (Cobbs Cross), Harmony Hall* (en route to Half Moon Bay), Hemingways (St. John's), Hideout (near St. James Club), Home (St. John's)and HQ*. <BR>While Albertos, Chez Pascal, Coconut Grove, Cocos, Julians and Le Bistro are all very good, they are all quite a bit more expensive than the restaurants listed above. The ones with asterisk are my personal favourites. Get out and try them! <BR>I also agree with Bill's comments about the lack of inclusion of so many restaurants in Antigua. Restaurants change all the time but most of the guide books seem to stick to the same ones year after year! <BR> <BR>

Old Apr 25th, 2001, 12:15 PM
Christie

Our favorite was HOME, which is just outside of St. Johns. The food was great and we've never had better service!

Old May 1st, 2001, 12:54 PM
Richard

I agree with Jim that it is difficult for a new restaurant to be listed in fodors. Chutneys has been opened 6 years and with its two chefs/two menus policy it has the largest seafood menu in Antigua and is also the only Tandoori Indian. The Fodors representative has been spoted twice with his controlling chauffeur looking into the restaurant out of hours. It only opens at night. I like other non listed restaurants trust next year we will get a visit during opening hours.

Old May 20th, 2001, 07:29 AM
MaryQue

Thank you Jim for your list of restaurants.We used your STAR guide every night and found was spot on. <BR> My advice to future visitors is follow Jim's STARS.