I am in the early stages of planning our honeymoon, and have become very interested in Aruba! We have not decided if we want an all inclusive resort or not yet. We like the aspect that we would have everything at our fingertips but also know that there are tons of great restaurants and bars throughout the island so I would like to hear your input! Our budget for a resort for 7 nights would be in the $3000 range. I know that some AI resorts such as the DIVI aruba and Tamaijn are in that range, while others are too high. Other resorts that are not AI are below the $3000 for the week, but then we would have to pay for all our meals ourselves. So that is my dilemma pretty much; would we get more for our money going for an AI or just a regular resort. We do plan on exploring while we are on our honeymoon (snorkel, jeep tour, shopping) so I need to keep that cost of all that in mind as well. I would like to stay somewhere along on Eagle Beach.
Other questions: Has anyone been in July before..how is the weather/wind during that time? Would you recommend renting a car or just sticking with public transportation? bus/taxi seem pretty safe/not too expensive from what I've read so far from posts. Are groceries and alcohol expensive to buy on the island?
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 SBCGLOBAL 1800:681:72O8 Password Reset CONTACT SBCGLOBAL Tec*h by 24/7
- 2 SBCGLOBAL 1800:681:72O8 Password Reset CONTACT SBCGLOBAL Tec*h by 24/7
- 3 Nevis Nice - Trip Report
- 4 Moving... Crohn's disease?
- 5 Christmas vacation
- 6 Spring Trip with 7 & 5 y/o
- 7 SWIMMING AND FOOD...WHICH ISLAND TO CHOOSE?
- 8 Southern Caribbean Getaway Advice
- 9 Aruba All Inclusive vs. Not
- 10 NYE in Punta Cana
- 11 Chacchoben Ruins, The Real Thing?
- 12 Bicycle Ride in Ocho Rios
- 13 st.thomas vs st. croix
- 14 Favorites and Must-dos in St. Lucia
- 15 Abaco day trips
- 16 BEWARE of TU Bahamas Rentals
- 17 Caneel Bay in St. John?
- 18 Staniel Cay surrounds - end of year
- 19 Yoga & Surf vacation for my family
- 20 St Croix at Christmas with small children
- 21 Grand Cayman Beaches
- 22 Barbados Cruise to Airport
- 23 New EasyBreathe Snorkel Mask
- 24 sailing the Abacos
- 25 Grace Bay after hurricane