Notices

Rent a Car or not in Puerto Rico

Feb 21st, 2013, 05:02 PM
Original Poster

Rent a Car or not in Puerto Rico

A friend and I will be in Puerto Rico for 8 days. We are flying into San Juan and plan on travelling to several different places around the island. I have read reviews about the lack of public transportation around the island, but I have also read a lot of reviews from people who have had a lot of trouble renting cars as well. I would like advice on whether we would be happier trying to rent a car or figuring out local transportation to get where we are going. Also neither of us is 25 so we would be paying a little extra for renting a car. Thanks!
Feb 23rd, 2013, 12:34 AM

I would really consider hiring a guide first, then they can show you the ropes.

We found Hector on tripadvisor.com - highly recommended- cool guy who comes to the states for rock concerts! In his 30's or 40's - cannot find picture of him right now but I think it is Hector Alvarez -

This year saw him hosting a show on PR on the Travel Channel!

Took us to eat local food, took us to the rainforest, took us to a great beach, AND insisted that before we got back on our ship that he would not stop until he could find an open store so hubby could get shirt and shot glass- and he did! This trip made us decide we have to go back!

Search this Thread