Recent travelers to Curacao: Car rental?

Jul 2nd, 2008, 10:55 AM
Original Poster

Recent travelers to Curacao: Car rental?

Anyone who has recently traveled to Curacao and rented a car: Can you share how much you paid? I'm trying to get a sense of whether it's better to book online ahead of time or rent something when we get there. The price I found on the Budget website seems high. I'm wondering if renting when we get there from a no-name brand could be quite a bit cheaper?

Mike
Travel blog: www.stricklandia.com
Jul 2nd, 2008, 03:08 PM

Hi Mike, I was in Cur in May and paid $224.65 with National for I think was a hyndai or something like that. It was a bit of wreck with about 75k miles. National was the best price for that week.

All the car rentals are in the same area, you could shop around before renting just to see if someone else would give you a better price.

BTW, they tried to raise the price when I got to the desk, but I had my reservation in hand and told them I wasnt paying a penny more. That's probably why I ended up with the wreck! =)

Peace, Greenie
Jul 3rd, 2008, 06:08 AM
Original Poster

Thanks, Greenie. I saw your Trip Advisor post to that effect. If we make a reservation online in advance (which we probably will do), we'll take your advice and have a printout in hand. Your price seems to match what I've been seeing with Budget and National.

On another note, I sent you a message via Trip Advisor about Kura Hulanda's Tree House. Any chance you might have noticed it while you were there? Your review said you had an oceanfront studio, so you might not have wandered back to the garden view rooms, which is where the Tree House is. We're trying to decide whether or not to book the Tree House... it sounds like a unique experience, but to book it all week sight unseen... we're just not sure (no pictures to be found anywhere on the Web).

Thanks!
Mike
My travel blog: www.stricklandia.com
Jul 5th, 2008, 03:39 AM

Mike,

We only saw the garden rooms on the first level. They are very nice, but smallish. The double doors open right at the bed. The TV is on a dresser. The bathrooms were very nice with a great shower though. Book it. If you're not happy tell them. They are very accomodating and will do their best to make you happy!

I would ask for an upgrade when you get there. If you dont mind 2 double beds, the first floor suites are very comfortable.

Have fun in Cur. We loved it and are def. planning on returning someday.

Peace, Greenie

Search this Thread