Reccomendations for an all inclusive in Aruba

Feb 6th, 2001, 06:09 AM
shelly

Reccomendations for an all inclusive in Aruba

I am planning a Spetmber honeymoon and having a difficult time deciding between Sandals in Jamaica or Aruba. Does anyone have any experience with all inclusives in Aruba?

Feb 6th, 2001, 08:23 AM
Lee

Shelly, I haven't been to Jamaica since I was a kid, but Sandals is probably a good all-inclusive. It has been said that Jamaica isn't all that safe and staying around the hotel is a good idea.

I have been to Aruba twice and personally, I like it better. Aruba is not a good idea for all-inclusive, though. With the great selection of easy to reach restaurants coupled with an island that is very safe, A-I would be not be your best bet. Also, no rain in September, but remember, Aruba is not lush, it is arid and certainly beautiful.

I'd check out Aruba, maybe the Marriott on Palm Beach and if you go, get out and sample that great food!

Have fun!

Feb 7th, 2001, 10:03 AM
Tricia

Shelly,

Can't speak for Janaica - never been. I've been to Aruba twice (going back again in March) and love it. It is my vacation destination from now on.
Aruba does have so many great resturaunts that it really doeasn't make sense to go A-I unless you don't plan to leave your hotel. You will be on your honeymoon...

Anyway, there are many "din around" plans that you may want to try. Many allow you to have dinner at a wide range of restuarants on the island while including meals from your hotel as well. Check with your travel agent about this. I book through GWV or TNT and they both offer various dining options. Not sure where you're from but there are probably similar tour operators in your area.

If you choose Aruba you won't be disappointed. Good luck!

Feb 7th, 2001, 10:11 AM
Kim

Sandals is the only way to go!!!!
Here are 3 All Inclusives in Aruba, The Allegro Resort, Aruba Bushiri Beach Aruba and Divi Aruba Beach Resort Mega All Inclusive they all look nice.

Feb 7th, 2001, 12:36 PM
Kathy

To Kim:

You thought that the Bushiri, Allegro, Divi and Tam were on the same level as Sandals? Bushiri is the oldest resort in Aruba and right next to a commercial containmemt site..Tam rather old but and run down a bit; Divi is a step up.

Feb 7th, 2001, 04:07 PM
Kim

No, I did not say that Sandals is the only way we ever travel they by far are the best resorts. But if you are looking for an all inclusive in Aruba I gave her the ones I have headr of never been to any of them OK!

Feb 8th, 2001, 11:06 AM
Lee

Shelly, it's me again. If you choose Aruba, try to find a place on Palm Beach. It is to the north of Oranjestad and is certainly the best beach. White sand, long walks from property to property (stop for a drink or swim) and catamaran's are moored right along shore (snorkel trips, sunset cruises, etc., at your "doorstep").

If I remember correctly, the others mentioned are older and located on Eagle Beach, closer to Oranjestad and the port.

If you select Aruba, make sure you go out and explore the island. You can visit the Casabari rock formation, the windward side and the Natural Bridge, the lighthouse and Baby Beach. It's fun to do it on scooters. The island is only 19 miles long and six miles wide and hard to get lost.

Have fun.