reasonable, local food on St Kitts?

Apr 6th, 2009, 09:32 AM
Original Poster

reasonable, local food on St Kitts?

Spending a week on the island in May. Am getting concerned that good food at a good price may be hard to find. So far Shiggity Shack ranks high for many visitors. Where else? Not too keen on eating pizza on my island vacation. Got spoiled by excellent but reasonable food last year in Puerta Vallarta. Suggestions please. We'll be staying at the Marriott.
Apr 6th, 2009, 11:03 AM

Shiggity Shack
PJ's
Spratnet
Raggae Beach Bar
Lion's Beach Bar
Cathy's
Ciao
Ziggy's
Buddy's
Timothy Beach
Shipwreck Beach Bar
The Love Shack
Ballyhoo
Circus Grill
Fisherman's Wharf

Of course, there are lots more places that are on the higher end like Marshall's, Beach House, Otley's, Rawlin's, Spicemill and Stonewall's to name a few. You won't go hungry on St. kitts.
Apr 6th, 2009, 03:55 PM

Our best food on St. Kitts was also the cheapest meal that featured an emphasis on local food. It was Cathy's bar, a few beach bars down from Mr. X's. She has a different lunch special every day. Anything that she freshly grills is excellent!
Apr 7th, 2009, 03:40 AM

Thinking about the Marriott for my honeymoon in Aug. Recvd an all inclusive rate but unsure if that is most economical way to go. Sounds like alot of fun/neat places to dine on the island. Let me know how the marriott is?
Apr 7th, 2009, 06:19 PM

well, I personally wouldnt want to pay money to stay at the Marriott, but if I had points for a free stay I guess it wouldn't be so bad. It looks like a place that would be much more at home on Aruba or St. Martin rather than St. Kitts. Some folks love it, others hate it. I'm in the latter camp myself.

St. Kitts is an easy island to get around with your own rental car, so I'd recommend not getting an AI plan anywhere so that you could get out and explore and try different places.
Aug 13th, 2009, 12:39 PM

Two words. Stone Walls. If I could, I'd have eaten there every lunch and dinner of our trip. Go to the fabulous Stone Walls food and friendliness. We came to St. Kitts looking for a real Caribbean get away - the sun and sand were to die for...but the food at Stone Walls stole the show! Shrimp Crepes are to die for and the restaurant is run by the delightful Kittian family - the Mestiers. Ambience is perfect and the crowd eclectic. Apparently only the in crowd knows about it so make sure you grab a taxi that knows how to get there. Go. There. Now.