Notices

Rain in Trinidad& misc questions

Jul 17th, 2003, 11:37 AM
Original Poster

Rain in Trinidad& misc questions

I am going to Trinidad next week for 10 days. I know July and Aug are the rainiest months but I was wondering if it rains all day everyday or just downpours for an hour or two??

We (my husband and my 2 yr old) are staying at the Kapock for 5 nights then we are headed south for a wedding. Any advice on stuff to do and good restaurants in the POS region would be greatly appreciated!!

Any other advice??

Thanks!!
Jul 22nd, 2003, 03:29 PM
Original Poster

UGH! We leave 7/27 and no responses yet!! ANYONE??
Jul 23rd, 2003, 09:13 AM

I spent a couple of days in Port-of-Spain earlier this month. The best part of our time in Trinidad was spent at the Asa Wright Nature Centre. It's about an hour's drive from Port-of-Spain, but it was a wonderful trip. The drive is quite beautiful (the Centre is fairly high in the mountains). The Centre is headquartered in an old mansion that also has guest accomodations. You can view up to 160 different bird species there. They offer two tours each day (and you may be able to explore the grounds on your own too). The cost is $10 (U.S.).

The weather was a major concern for my friends and I too. It rained a fair amount while we were there, but, as long as you come prepared (i.e. inexpensive anoraks from Old Navy), you'll still enjoy your trip.

IF you have the opportunity to spend some time on Tobago, DO IT! We had very little rain when we went (when we did, it was the typical tropical downpour). The airfare, via BWIA, is less than $20 U.S. and the beaches (less than 45 minutes from the airport) are quiet and beautiful.

Good luck and have a safe trip!
Jul 23rd, 2003, 03:39 PM
Original Poster

Thank you...I appreciate it!

Search this Thread