Notices

Raffles Snorkeling, Food, Relaxing?

Aug 2nd, 2007, 08:14 AM
Original Poster

Raffles Snorkeling, Food, Relaxing?

We were considering spending 3 days in Barbados since we have visied the island twice in years past but then fly over to Raffles for 6 days. But the key is very good snorkeling. While we went tp Tobago Caye from Petit St. Vincent 6-7 uears ago (it was very good) we would return with Raffles but would want at least 2 other outings of 3 hrs. with 2 or 3 stops each on a small tour boat with maybe 6-8 other hotel guests that offers quality snorkeling (variety of corals/colors, variety of fish, sea fans, sea anenomes) almost as good as Tobago Caye at on each trip. We do not enjoy traveling for 1+hr. rt. to 1 spot that is o.k. and spend 30-40 minutes in the water and return so they fill up 2 hours.We are looking for food equal to Little Dix, PI and somewhat better than Caneel.
If we go not at "normal" school breaks will will find more than 10-15 children under 11-12 trs. old based on your experience. At the cost we would not want to be disappointed.Thanks.
Aug 2nd, 2007, 09:49 AM

I was at Raffles 7 or 8 years ago when it was know as Carneage Bay. So for what it is worth, if momory serves me right, the snorkeling at Raffels is just OK and the snorkeling at other beaches around the island range from average to below average. The island is close enough that you could take a day trip by power boat to the Tobago Cays for some excellent snorkeling. I don't recall there being any other snorkeling spots that you can reach by boat that would be what you are seeking. (FYI - we sailed through the entire Grenadines and found the best snorkeling at the Tobago Cays and the second best (but not great) was at PSV - everything else was second rate.

We found the food to be quite good but I doubt our experience means anything now, however, I've heard first hand reports from others that say food at raffles is quite good.

Search this Thread