Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Caribbean Islands (https://www.fodors.com/community/caribbean-islands/)
-   -   RADISSON OR HYATT IN ARUBA? (https://www.fodors.com/community/caribbean-islands/radisson-or-hyatt-in-aruba-330155/)

staciec Jun 23rd, 2003 07:40 AM

RADISSON OR HYATT IN ARUBA?

Planning a vacation to Aruba in late August & I can't decide on whether to stay at the Radisson or the Hyatt. I really want to have an ocean view with a balcony. I'm also looking for a nice beach & pool area. Any suggestions would be helpful.
Thanks

Kristen Jun 23rd, 2003 07:55 AM

I stayed at the Radisson last September and it was great. They recenly finished over 55 million in renovations so the rooms are reallt nice (nice decor...not your standard hotel rooms). The grounds are beautiful...lots of tropical flowers, waterfalls and parrots. And they have a really nice, winding zero entry pool. The beach is great, with little grass huts to camp out under. Oh and the staff at the Radisson was wonderful...couldn't have been more helpful, frienly or accomodating.

The Hyatt looked very nice as well though. They ahve more restuarants on site than the Radisson.

I don't think you'll go wrong with either but I know I'll stay at Radisson again when I return!

kandc Jun 23rd, 2003 07:59 AM

I've been doing a lot of research on the very topic -- we are heading there in November and are pretty much set on the Radisson. The complex sounds like something we'll enjoy, and we found a really cool price that included buffet breakfast every morning.

From what I have read, I don't think you'll go wrong at either place! Have fun!

Edye Jun 23rd, 2003 09:01 AM

We are Hyatt fans and will return for our 3rd stay in late August. Okay so I wish we had balconies, but other than that, the Hyatt is much smaller and seems much more personal than the Radisson. We like staying in nice places and enjoy good service and having people remember our names and "going the extra mile" and everyone at the Hyatt does that. The food is great and there are many choices within the hotel, and their summer deal is great too. Great pool, great beach, very safe feeling overall.

However, if you don't mind a larger property,and need to balcony, the Radisson will be fine.

Nevalee Jun 23rd, 2003 01:57 PM

We were in Aruba 2 years ago and stayed at the Marriott (we had our kids with us and were told the rooms were bigger We toured the Radisson (which was just finishing their renovation)and the Hyatt. Both hotels looked very nice, renovations. I agree with Edye, the Hyatt had a cozier feel to it and the staff was especially attentive. We tried them for breakfast and were so impressed, we had breakfast there every morning. I believe the balconies are bigger at the Radisson (at the Hyatt two people can barely stand together). If I return the next time without the kids, I'll opt for the Hyatt.

P.S.-Regardless of where you stay, you must eat at Madame Janette's, the best place in Aruba for the money!!!!!!!!!