Radisson or Hyatt All-inclusives?

Old Mar 24th, 2004, 10:14 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Radisson or Hyatt All-inclusives?

Hi! I'm thinking of going to Aruba for my honeymoon in October. I've heard the Radisson offers an all-inclusive plan....has anyone done that? Any feedback? Does anyone know if the Hyatt offers one, too? (Right now I'm leaning towards the Radisson, but I've heard good things about both hotels.)

Any input would be much appreciated! Thx
Old Mar 24th, 2004, 10:27 AM

Radisson and Hyatt are both great resorts though not all inclusive. But In Aruba I wouldn't go all-inclusive anyway because there are too many great restaurants.
Old Mar 24th, 2004, 10:34 AM
Original Poster

Thanks! We love the Radisson/Hyatt property pics so maybe we need to abandon the all-inclusive idea. Kristen, good thought on the restaurants too. Are restaurant prices in Aruba generally reasonable? (Or more accurately...are there plenty of good, not-so-pricey restaurants we can eat at? Our tastes are more Olive Garden than Chez Zillionaire anyway...)
Old Mar 24th, 2004, 11:53 AM

There are restaurants in all price ranges. Food really not any more expensive than eating out when at home. It's the alcohol that really adds to the bill. The French Steak House has a very good special that also includes a bottle of wine. Can't go wrong with El Gaucho if you're a meat lover. Plenty of happy hours for reasonable drinks.
Old Mar 24th, 2004, 12:03 PM

There really is a wide range of good restaurants in Aruba and you'll be able to find reasonable prices. We stayed at Radisson and ate at both Radisson and Hyatt, and liked the restaurants outside the hotels much better. The top restaurant at Radisson we thought was very overrated and overpriced. Hyatt has more selection, we ate at the Italian one, and it was ok, but you can do much better off site. If you like Italian, we highly recommend Avellone's (may want to check the spelling, but the concierge at the hotel can help you). It's a very small, chef-owned place, the chef comes out to talk to you, very good--we ate there twice last time we were there, prices were reasonable. El Gaucho is very good for steak, don't remember exact prices, but it was not outrageously expensive. The concierge at the hotel will have a book of menus from all the restaurants and can help you out.
Old Mar 24th, 2004, 01:04 PM

Restaurant prices are reasonable. very comparable to what I pay at home if not less!

Definitely hit El Gaucho...that was our absolute favorite.

We stayed at the Radisson and loved it. I will definitely stay there again when we return.
Old Mar 24th, 2004, 04:54 PM

My boyfriend & I are going to Aruba in September 2004. We did not go w/ all-inclusive b/c I was advised against it by many people since Aruba has so many good places to eat w/ such a variety of selections.
Old Mar 25th, 2004, 08:52 AM

I stayed at the Radisson in early Feb. Check out my trip report. It is not all-inclusive and it is better that way. There are far too many excellent restaurants that you would miss if you took an AI. Not only would I go back to Aruba, but I would definitely go back to the Radisson.
Old Mar 28th, 2004, 11:51 AM
Original Poster

Great tips...thanks so much everybody!