Raddison Cable Beach???

Sep 18th, 2005, 07:14 AM
Original Poster

Raddison Cable Beach???

We (three couples) are invited to a wedding at the Raddison Cable Beach in January. I have been doing some research and the latest reviews of the hotel on the net have not been very favorable and mixed at best. I'm debating if we should stay there of somewhere else. Has anyone stayed there recently? What was your experience? If it was bad, where would you recommend we stay? We are not interested in the Atlantis.

Thanks for your help.

Sep 18th, 2005, 08:58 AM

The Radisson was recently sold to a hotelier that is planning to rebuild the entire Cable Beach area and when completed in a few years the area will be much nicer, and there will be lots of shopping, and even a water park.

The Raddison got mixed reviews because the government owned the hotel and I understand that under the new ownership, the hotel is being run much better.

The only other hotel I would suggest looking at in the Cable Beach area would be Sandals, which is not far away. The rooms are very nice, good food, beautifully maintained grounds, lovely pool area.

Have a lovely trip.
Sep 20th, 2005, 06:42 AM

We stayed here the last week in August. I, too, was concerned with the mixed reviews. So we went not knowing what to expect.

We had a very nice time.

The hotel is big and was running at full capacity when we were there. We never encountered any problems with service. As a matter of fact, the service was pretty attentive, particularly at the beach bar. The frozen drinks were good and although we are not much buffet type people (we like to get out and try the local cuisine), the few nights we had to eat there (my sister and I were travelling with our two young sons) they had quite a variety that would suit most anyone. The hotel was clean and our room was cleaned and towels replenished every day. Their beach is absolutely beautiful. Hope this helps!

Squiggy

Search this Thread