Quick Nisbet Plantation Question

Jul 28th, 2007, 05:08 AM
Original Poster

Quick Nisbet Plantation Question

Hi, I am starting to pack for our trip on Tuesday. Can anyone tell me if Nisbet has a place to do laundry? I know it seems silly to worry about that on vacation but we are able to pack less and come home with clean clothes if there are laundry facilities on property.
Jul 28th, 2007, 05:51 AM

Yes, they do have a laundry on property. I can't quote prices, but as I recall it was reasonable.

Have a wonderful trip !

Marion
Jul 28th, 2007, 06:08 AM

They will do laundy for you - usually same day service. Leave it out in the morning (there will be a laundy bag in your closet) and it will be back that afternoon. Cost is no more than at other good hotels - somewhat more than you'd pay at home but not exhorbident - worth every penny as who wants to do laundry while on vacation.
Jul 28th, 2007, 06:16 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the quick response, could you clarify for me? Is there a place where I can do my own laundry? I could never have someone else do it, I'm just not comfortable with that. Not an issue of money, just a personal issue. I know when we stayed at the Four Seasons Nevis there was a laundry room that came in very handy. Thanks!
Jul 28th, 2007, 07:26 AM

No, there is no self-serve laundry at Nisbet. The housekeepers sometimes rotate between room care and laundry. You might ask your housekeeper if there are any nearby facilities...or better yet, ask your taxi driver on the way from the airport.

Marion
Jul 28th, 2007, 09:03 AM

Marion, it's great to see your posts here again. How's the grandbaby?

I thought of you while I was on Virgin Gorda a couple of weeks ago and I kept ordering Bushwackers to drink! Definitely as much fun to say as they are to drink.
Jul 28th, 2007, 09:36 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the response, I will pack accordingly.
Jul 29th, 2007, 05:53 AM

Hi, EJ,

Thanks for the thoughts ! If there were a health forum on this site, I might have been posting there.

Grandbaby is due on 8/9 We've had a few minor scares along the way, but all seems to be well right now.

I leave for Chicago on 8/1 with an open-ended return.

Although my daughter/son-in-law have had the option of knowing in advance the gender of the baby, they have opted to be surprised Sounded great to me until I tired of buying everything in green and yellow !

Not surprisingly, I am thinking pink....but will learn how to play with trucks and cars if I must

Please keep this family in your thoughts and prayers.

CS, if you read this, my daughter is deciding between Hannah and Heather if pink dreams come true !

Marion
Jul 30th, 2007, 07:54 AM

I was just like you -- I would never let anyone do my laundry. And then last year, I was on a two-week holiday and my husband decided to send it out and it was the best thing I ever did. It's very reasonable and it comes back better than I could ever get it.
Jul 30th, 2007, 09:08 AM

I don't quite understand the aversion to having someone do your laundry but "to each their own".

Quite honestly, we've always had laundry done while on vacation and find it to be a godsent. The clothes come back clean, pressed and perfectly folded (much better than if we did it ourselves). it allows us to pack lighter and we don't have to take time out of our busy day of limin' on the beach.
Jul 30th, 2007, 11:15 PM

Perhaps you should take enough underwear for the trip (no laundry needed) and take less outer clothing.

We did tend to find that we spent most days in our 'swimmies'

Marion - fingers crossed my dear, you must be SO excited, how amusing that they have picked the 2 H's names

I was unable to choose names before my babes were born, I never wanted to know the sex of the baby and while we picked out some names I had to see the babies first to see what they looked like.

In the UK we could take our newborn home, chose a name and register it at the local Registry office within 30 days - here in MA you have to have a Birth Cert before you can leave the hospital, that doesn't give too much time to select the right name.

Also I know someone who gave her child the second name of "Lucky" because she was 'lucky' that she made it to the hospital and he wasn't born in the car - I bet with time she would have rethought that idea, Can you imagine his wedding ceremony?

My poor Charlotte was nameless for 5 days (it was DH's turn to choose the babies first name, with my agreement of course) we called her "Junior" during the pregnancy and for a few days afterwards.

Now I have to remember to call her "Charlie"
Jul 31st, 2007, 04:05 AM

Oh, Marion, I'm sorry to read that. My thoughts go with you, as well as with your daughter's family. So what you're telling us is that we'll be having 3 H's on this board before too long? Too funny!

Jul 31st, 2007, 06:54 AM

Thanks EJ !

We'll have 3 H's on the board only if my pink dreams come true ;-)

I hesitate to ask God for anything more, as she has been taking good care of all of us

I don't have a laptop, so will post here when I return.

Thanks again !

Marion
Jul 31st, 2007, 07:28 AM

Alya,

Thanks for your thoughts and crossed fingers ! The British get many things right and I agree it's nice to have time to think about a name.

My daughter went through the "we'll see if the name fits" phase, until I gently pointed out that she and her husband will be calling the selected name for a very long time. It will "fit" if they like it

I hope your home project is going well. I salute your bravery in taking on a restoration project !

Take care....

Marion
Jul 31st, 2007, 07:29 PM

Hi Marion,

Busy, busy - we finally completed on the house on the 18th after 10 and a half months, so the last 2 weeks have been full of 'experiences'

So many people stopping by to offer their services, try to buy an abandoned Airstream trailer and just say how much better the yard looks after we 'weed whacked' it.

Buying an old house is the perfect way to meet people and we are having a riot. We will be 'blogging' but the website is down at the moment.

I'll let you all know when the website is up and running and you can check the place out jsut don't expect things to go quickly - we have to deal with the Town Planning Department, the town's Historical Commission and the Massachusetts Historical Commission.

Now I need to research how to make my 117 yr old windows as energy efficient as possible.

Best wishes to your daughter, she must hate the heat at the moment - Grandma? Nana?
Aug 1st, 2007, 03:41 AM

Alya,

I'll be Nana I wanted just Mare, but my daughter thout evven too odd, even for me !

I imagine the child will come up with something on his/her own ;-)

Marion