Reload this Page >

Q: Are Water & Fresh foods safe in Grand Cayman

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17th, 2000, 08:44 AM
Beth

My husband and I are traveling to Grand Cayman in November. I'm wondering how safe the drinking water and fresh foods are. We've travelled to resort areas in Mexico and haven't had a problem. Most big hotels and restaurants use bottled or filtered water. Is it the same in Grand Cayman?

Old Oct 17th, 2000, 10:38 AM
Ronnie

If you have been to Mexico, which is most notorious for water problems, and didn't have any problems, then you should be okay anywhere else! Just a joke. <BR> <BR>I have been to Cayman, drank the water, <BR>had no problems. They also had bottled water to offer. <BR> <BR>Cayman, as well as most tourist oriented islands in the Caribbean are very cautious about things like that, that would turn away visitors. <BR> <BR>Most of their fruits and vegetables are imported from the US anyway. <BR>Ronnie

Old Oct 17th, 2000, 11:27 AM
Cheri

Caymans are like not leaving home. The water is safe, it is a very civilized island, not at all like some of the third world islands you visit in the Caribbean.

Old Oct 18th, 2000, 04:29 AM
Jill

<BR>Grand Cayman is more like Florida than the Caribbean or Mexico. You will be very surprised. It's very modern, clean & safe. Mostly Americans living & working there. <BR> <BR>Eat or drink anything, drive anywhere. Walk almost anywhere at night. It's tropical, but not exotic or foreign feeling. <BR> <BR>Just a nice, laid back island.