Need help deciding on AI resort

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23rd, 2014, 11:32 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looking to get away with my husband for our 10th wedding anniversary. Travelling from JFK-NY for prob 5 nights. We are looking for an adults only all inclusive. Have 3 kiddies at home so would prefer an adults only resort and we like the ease of an all inclusive if possible. I would prefer to avoid Punta Cana and Mexico if possible as i've just read some negative things and worry about the water sources. Have never been to these places. Only places we've been are St Lucia, Bahamas, and Puerto Rico. We would like something with a direct flight (fear of flying without kids , here are some other things that would be ideal but understand may be hard to get...

- Adults only, AI
-Resort close-ish to airport so not a ton of travel time
- My husband loves the idea of a "lazy river" - I saw Secrets Punta Cana has one but we weren't really set on going to PUnta Cana as mentioned
-Swim up room is nice if possible
-Like a modern place with a nice nightlive - not stuffy where everyone goes to their rooms at night. We like each other but we like a little bit of nightlife too. We are mid 30s
Old Jan 23rd, 2014, 11:55 AM
Original Poster

want to add we are beach pool types - love to just relax, not super adventurous.
Old Jan 23rd, 2014, 12:25 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I wouldn't send you to Punta Cana, but I think it's a mistake to eliminate the entire country of Mexico because you "read some negative things and worry about the water sources". Not knowing what "negative things" I can't address them, but will say I doubt they are true.

The Mayan Riviera (Caribbean coastline of Mexico) has a huge selection of All-Inclusive resorts, some adults only, and will get you more bang for your buck than the Caribbean islands.
Old Jan 23rd, 2014, 12:54 PM
Original Poster

I"ve never been to Mexico so my comment is pure ignorance. Also it's a longer flight from NY so that's probably why I was mostly eliminating it in my mind, but not totally against it.
Old Jan 23rd, 2014, 05:35 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You will find most AI resorts in Mexico, DR, and Jamaica. I agree the best bang for your buck is the Riviera Maya area of Mexico.