PUNTA CANA HOTELS WITH FAMILY

Old Feb 5th, 2002, 09:16 AM
MARSHA

PUNTA CANA HOTELS WITH FAMILY

WE ARE THINKING OF TRAVELING TO PUNTA CANA IN JULY AND WOULD LIKE SOME HELP WITH OUR HOTEL.WE WILL BE TRAVELING WITH TWO KIDS ONE 13 ONE 9. WE WOULD LIKE AN ALLINCLUSIVE WITH A GOOD BEACH FOR SNORKELING AND A GOOD POOL. ANY HELP OR SUGGESTIONS WOULD BE GREAT THANKS MARSHA

Old Feb 5th, 2002, 09:29 AM
anne

Hi Marsha: I just posted the "coral hamaca" question and saw yours. We (hubby, me and 2 boys (13 and 17) were just at the Melia Caribe Tropical in January. We got a great deal of $980 per person. The hotel is huge, grounds gorgeous, two massive pools and a couple of small ones. The food was fine, the usual all inclusive deal - my kids thought it was good especially the Mexican Rest. There are lots of restuarants (about 9 I think). The rooms were fine, clean, bright, sat tv which was good for the kids (we had rooms beside eachother), beach was great. Drinks were top shelf if you wanted. All in all it was a fantastic deal for the money for a family vacation and I would recommend it without a doubt. (I was scared because we had read some negative remarks but these were nitpicky, we were more than happy. Have a great time. (P.S. a good tip I picked up was to take a cab from the airport US$20.00 and you will beat the lines at checkin (naughty)).

Old Feb 5th, 2002, 01:58 PM
Parrot Mom

First try.../www.debbiesdominicantravel.com. for reviews of all the hotels... I frankly loved the Catalonia Bavaro in Punta Cana..and July would be off season forthem so the rates should be very good.. If your interested for more info I have pictures I'd be glad to share..

Old Feb 6th, 2002, 07:10 AM
Dave

We just came back from Iberostar Bavaro. Great beach, runs for miles. Snorkling not that great. Great pools, food, grounds, rooms, service. There were yonger kids there.

Old Feb 14th, 2002, 02:33 PM
Annie

Couln't recommend the Barcelo Beach more. Reasonably priced, activities for all ages, great SAFE beach - lots of snorkelling as it is surrounded by a coral reef. Wish we took our kids with us - they would have loved it!