Punta Cana - Best all inclusive?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17th, 2007, 07:20 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My husband and are planning a kids free getaway. We were set on Sandals St. Lucia until I checked out the comments on this site. After reading all of the wonderful things about Punta Cana, we are changing out plans. There are so many positive things said about Punta Cana and that we can't narrow anything down. We are looking for an all inclusive (so we don't have to worry about what we are spending) resort, couples only - or close to it, romantic and also one where we can get a massage on the beach. We also one a nice room. Not a Days Inn type room where you wake up and can't wait to get the heck out of there. We prefer to pretty much stay on the resort and relax. Any suggestions?
Old Jul 17th, 2007, 07:24 AM

You might try www.applevacations.com and see what they have to offer in terms of resorts and prices. There is also another site called debbiesdominicanrepublic.com which has a wealth of info on the area and resorts. I stayed there a long time ago but there are many other newer resorts than the one we stayed at many years ago. I am sure others will chime in if not check out those sites.
Old Jul 17th, 2007, 10:52 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Excellence Punta Cana is an adults only all inclusive. It was wonderful. Totally relaxing, great beach, wonderful service.
Old Jul 17th, 2007, 06:02 PM

There are now quite a few upscale AIs, but Punta Cana is still fairly family-oriented. La ROmana might be a better choice. There are just a few AIs there, but the beaches are nicer, though smaller. Excellence Punta Cana is nice, but it's a very long drive from the airport. (If you go to La Romana, make sure you fly into the airport there rather than into the Punta Cana airport, which is almost 2 hours away.)
Old Jul 17th, 2007, 06:04 PM

I was just thinking that if you really wanted to stay in Punta Cana, you might take a look at the Tortuga Bay Hotel within the PuntaCana Resort. It's more adult-oriented but it's pretty expensive, yet does offer AI rates. Maybe you could get a decent deal on Luxury Link.
Old Jul 18th, 2007, 04:40 AM
Original Poster

Thank you so much! I will check them all out!
Old Jul 18th, 2007, 04:44 AM

YOu say you want romantic with a nice room. At Excellence Punta Cana you would have a large room with a jacuzzi tub for two right in the room.
Yes, it was about an hour drive from the airport, but we booked through Apple Vacations. They provided an airconditioned bus and their rep gave us all the information about the resort during the ride. It made the ride go by quickly.
Old Jul 18th, 2007, 07:07 AM

I would highly recommend Sunscape the Beach in Puna Cana. It is basically a new resort and best of all..no having to make reservations for any of their restaurants..you just show up.. there are massage huts on the beach, the biggest pool I have ever seen in my life meanders through the property..The staff is wonderful and can't do enough for you.. We discovered the D.R. many years ago and Ihave to admit..you get more for your $$$ than you do on the other islands in the Caribbean or Mexico..and yes... we'llbe going back next year...apple would offer you probably the best prices.
Old Jul 18th, 2007, 08:02 AM

Is Sunscape adults only? The OP wanted basically couples only resorts.
Excellence also does NOT require reservations for dinner. Just chose the restaurant you want and enjoy.