Reload this Page >

Puerto Rico or Turks & Caicos

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23rd, 2002, 08:42 AM
andy

I need to find an all-inclusive resort for about 3 days in mid-January. Coming from the DC area. Since time is at a premium, I don't want to travel too far and I know I can get a non-stop to Puerto Rico and a one stop to Turks. I'm looking for something that's warm, nice rooms and also has a great beach. Suggestions?

Old Dec 23rd, 2002, 08:54 AM
xxx

T&C is your best out of the 2 for beaches. Nightlife I found to be somewhat quiet. If your looking for more activity and culture then PR winds hands down I think over T&C. I am not sure of an AI in PR. I dont know of any that exist. T&C has Beaches, many families with lots of children. There is also The Allegro. I stayed at Beaches, I saw Allegro walked around the grounds but was not impressed. For PR the Wyndham in San Juan is very nice on a nice stretch of Beach. Not an AI.

Old Dec 23rd, 2002, 11:06 AM
xxx

I believe there aren't any all-inclusives in Puerto Rico.

Old Dec 23rd, 2002, 11:38 AM
carm

I have been to both places. If you are more of a Beach person looking to relax with little nightlife, then T&C hands down! The Beaches in Turks should not even be compared to those in PR. Turks beaches are the best I have ever seen. I do not like all inclusive places, but I just returned from T&C on Dec 15 and saw the Allegro and you should AVOID it! Dirty, and very unappealing. We met a couple who was staying there and they hated everything about it especially the foods. I walked through Beaches as well and it was CROWDED! The beach in front of it was cluttered with stuff including hotdogs laying around and trash. If you don't mind being around alot of kids..and I mean Alot of kids, and dont' mind a crowded beach then Beaches is the place for you. Does it have to be an all-inclusive place because T&C has some pretty amazing restaurants that I could recommend,the food at these AI places is typically not good. It may however not be important to you.

Old Dec 23rd, 2002, 11:56 AM
dana

T&C is my favorite island. It's the perfect place for relaxing. The beaches are by far the best. I too would not recommend the Allegro. If you need to do an AI, check w/ a travel agent to see what other options you have. If money is not really a factor, The Grace Bay Club is fantastic. As another post mentioned there are tons of great restaurants on the island. Enjoy!

Old Dec 24th, 2002, 04:08 AM
XXX

Do keep in mind the geography of the islands. Turks and Caicos is an Atlantic island and way north of the Caribbean. For some the cooler temperatures of air and water might be warmer than home but not the warm temperatures in the Caribbean. <BR>Can't help with all-inclusives on Puerto Rico but the Spanish Virgins have wonderful beaches and are ideal for a quick jaunt.

Old Dec 24th, 2002, 04:11 AM
fyi

being picky here but the Turks and Caicos are a group of islands at the south of the Bahama chain in the Atlantic Ocean. Provo is the island that you fly into and from there one can travel to other Caicos islands or the Turks.

Old Dec 24th, 2002, 05:44 AM
Nicole

We stayed in Turks and Caicos last year about this time of year at the Allegro. Now I'm not sure what may have changed between now and then but we both enjoyed our vacation food and all?? Anyone else disagree with the negative posts about Allegro?<BR><BR>Anyhow, Turks is definitely my choice for great beach. It was the nicest we'd ever seen!

Old Dec 30th, 2002, 08:35 AM
divegirl

Is Grace Bay Beach nicer than 7 Mile Beach?