I've had such great luck with suggestions from fodor's forum that I am yet again asking for help.
I will be visiting San Juan, Puerto Rico in late January with my friend and would like to know what are the sights I must not miss while I am there?
We will be in the Condado area and wanted to check out the following things.
1. El Yunque National Forest
2. Bio Bay
3. Cavernas de Camuy
4. Old San Juan
I would like to know while visiting these areas would I:
1) need a tour guide?
2) need tickets or have to pay to see these areas?
3) is it wiser/cheaper to rent a car there to visit these areas? or some other form of transportation? (although looking into it I didn't find any local transportation to el yunque bio bay or the cavernas. But again I am ill informed)
4) is this all too extensive for 5 days? (we are college students from nyc and very used to walking everywhere so we don't mind the walking or hiking)
and lastly I would greatly appreciate it if there are any restaurants or other sights around the area that you'd recommend! anything wallet friendly would be great as we are students but we are also willing to splurge here and there!! this would be my first trip out of United States in a decade so I am quite a rookie!
THANK YOU ALL IN ADVANCE!!!!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 http://www.ineedmotivations.com/spartagen-xt/
- 2 Over rated Ritz Carlton
- 3 Need help picking destination for April/May 2018
- 4 Immigration experience entering USA from Cuba non us citizen
- 5 bareboat sailing tips in bvi
- 6 Hilton Aruba
- 7 Jamaica Inn in late April
- 8 Jamaica or Dominican Republic?
- 9 Shuttle From Airport (Hewanora) to Bay Gardens Beach Resort In St. Lucia
- 10 Which Island to visit
- 11 Cuba solo mid December-need your help please
- 12 Romantic Barbados vacation
- 13 First week in April : NYC to beach, all inclusive
- 14 Want to buy cigars in Havana
- 15 Anyone go to Grace Bay TCI over Thanksgiving?
- 16 Taking Items to Cuba
- 17 Moving... Crohn's disease?
- 18 Bermuda Restaurants
- 19 Nevis Nice - Trip Report
- 20 Barbados: Turtle Beach vs. Bougainvillea
- 21 Christmas vacation
- 22 Spring Trip with 7 & 5 y/o
- 23 SWIMMING AND FOOD...WHICH ISLAND TO CHOOSE?
- 24 Southern Caribbean Getaway Advice
- 25 Aruba All Inclusive vs. Not